Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed recently when running my air conditioner that the floor on the passenger side of my 1992 240 Sedan is getting wet. I called a Volvo shop and they said that the likely problem is a blocked evaporator drainage hose. The quick fix, as told, was to crawl under the passenger side of the car and look for a 1" diameter rubber hose and cut about 1/2" off the tip with a razor knife to free the blockage.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

I did a quick look from laying on the ground today and don't see any obvious hose poking through. Any thoughts on tracing it?

Could this be a potentially bigger issue? Am looking for anyone that may have had a similar problem.

david

·
Premium Member
2,030 Posts
Welcome
. Please post under related forum to get a better response. New member area forum is for introductory purpose only.

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Welcome David!

Have moved u to the 240 Forum!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I have never had a car where this was not a problem

more to do with location as leaves etc are the culprits

if your 240 AC is same as on my 264 then even if car up on hoist it is hard to get to drain hose [with the tapered end]

if you have bendable spine enter passenger side and reach hand under AC unit - there is a gap of say 3 inches to floor so a drain on bottom of AC connects to hose which goes though floor but only an inch or so

pull off the hose and if water gushes out all over you then problem is only hose - otherwise jiggle drinking straw up around drain pan to get leaves to fall down

clip end off hose [to make bigger hole] and ease back back ends

only problems from leak are

1 passenger may drown

2 floor pan will rust out but as I said before you can put feet down and doa Fred Flintstone and get 34.87% more power

1 - 4 of 4 Posts