Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told it is behind the glovebox but how do you get behind the glovebox to put the relay in. There is no visible screws or anything to that nature, help me out.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The overdrive relay should be in the fuse box behind the ashtray and the little cubby.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Ok I replaced the relay and the car finally went into overdrive. Success
. Now it is still slightly tricky but it works nonetheless. When i first turn the car on the overdrive light is on, on the dash. Along with a service light. If I press the switch on the shifter both the overdrive light and service light both go away, but if I jump on the freeway it will still rev as though its not going into overdrive but if I press the switch in again the overdrive light wont come on this time but the car will go into overdrive and will drive great with no problem. Also I have noticed that my temp gauge drops back and forth from reading a medium in the middle temp to reading like at the beginning by pressing the button in and out. So at least it works now. The button worked intermittent before, not it works continously. I couldnt get it to go into overdrive at all before now at least it goes in. Whats your thoughts.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You might also want to check for proper adjustment of the kick down cable located under the hood.It is located by the throttle cable.There is 2 13mm nust that hold the cable to the bracket.Make sure the cable isn't to loose or seized up.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The temp guage thing might be wiring but also check the thernostat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts