Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo. A very nice car (Tank) I might add.

However I am having problems with the Driver Side power seat. The motor seems to still work as it will still recline. For some reason though it will not move the seat front/back. I can feel the motor trying to move it but it wont. Is there a way for me to manually move the seat forward or back without replacing the motor? Also is it normal to pay $300 for the part to fix this?

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
The price sounds pretty close.You might have a bad cable or the seat tracks may be stuck from people spilling things in there.Then the seat isn't moved for a long time then it gets stuck.Try to spray some lube in the tracks and then work the seat foward and back then sometimes it will come loose.If not then you can disconnect the cables from the seat tracks the you will be able to slide the track to clean them out.You will have to remove the seat to remove the cable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx you very much! I sprayed some WD40 on the tracks after I cleaned them best as I could. It worked and moved forward with no problems

Thx you very much!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts