Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, All three of my brake lights stopped working recently. I'm new to this forum and have read about many similar problems, but I still cannot get the stop lights to work. I have checked and cleaned the fuse, fuse holder, grounds, bulbs and stop light switch and they all work. The tail lights and reverse lights work. The rear fog lights have not worked for several years. I can get the secong (brake) filament to light by jumping power from the tail light contact to the brake light contact. It seems like everything is normal except for something between the switch and the lights. Is there a relay? Any help is appreciated greatly! Gino

·
Registered
160 Posts
definitely sounds like the brake lite switch. miserable place to reach but cheap to replace around $10. good luck

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
I would check the bulb failure sensor.Look for a Red round funny looking relay.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Most of the time if you open it up you will see where the solder got hot and melted away.

I would say to just buy a new one.Unless you can find a wiring diagram.Then you can test for power in from the switch adn then power out to the lights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear Tech,

You are a complete genius!! I opened the thing up, found the melted solder, re-soldered the connection and I am back in business!! I can't thank you enough.

Gino

1 - 9 of 9 Posts