Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 1988 240 DL wagon in Atlanta from Dyre and Dyre when it was new. The odometer stopped working about 4 years ago at 128,00 miles and the clutch and engine are original with no work done on either except the clutch cable broke a few months ago right where it attaches to the pedal.
Anyway, my son drives a 1991 240 DL we have had a couple of years. The overdrive blew fuses for a while and we had a relay, switch wire replaced and another time it was a fuse. Now it won't work at all - the OD.
The ignition switch isn't right because sometiimes the radio will not even play.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
If he wiggles the key will the radio come on?Some times the electrical part of the switch goes bad and funny things happen.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Notorious for electrical quirks. Like Tech said, check for loose wires. I had an OD problem and it turned out to be a solenoid exteriorally mounted on top the transmission - cost $260.00 for the part and & $60.00 labor. I had it replaced then two months later I found that a wire from the relay had been worn through as it was rubbing against the driveshaft - Tech helped me out - thanks Tech and good luck with the OD issu.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts