Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All: Great forum and I am glad I joined. Having just purchased a new to me Volvo 1988 240DL I am looking to find a copy of the owners manual. Cars in great shape but I would like to learn the subtle nuances especially changing interior bulbs on the auto stick shift column etc. Burnt bulb light stays on at night yet everything but the stick shift light is working.
Thanks in advance for the info.
Glen

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Are you looking for an owners manual or a repair manual?
The owners manual will not tell you how to replace the shifter bulb.
There should be a bolt holding the cover on over the shifter.
If you have a center console you will have to remove the console.Then you should be able to see the bulb pretty easy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have an '88 240 and my shifter doesn't work either. I live without it, If you want to replace it, there are two screws on the front of the shifter console. Remove them then lift the console off from the front - there is a hook on the back between the seats. You'll see the tiny bulb. Remove it and take it your local Volvo parts store for a new one. Check to see if it works before putting console back on. Replacement of console starts with hooking the back on the hook then lowering it until the screw holes line up. Put the screws back in ( not too tight - may strip )

1 - 4 of 4 Posts