Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my first volvo! For the money this car rocks. I am having a couple of problems that are getting me a little hot.

!. The a/c blower only intermittantly will blow in high speed. I can put it in any mode but low speed seems to be all it wants to do. Now it will not even go into high speed at all. Has anyone run into this problem?

also

2. The electric seat adj does not work. I checked all the fuses and they are good. I am thinging that the stop switch might be bad. Does anyone have wiring diagrams for this component? Is it difficult to take apart. I dont want to break the plastic housing.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
You might want to check the wiring for the blower motor.High speed should be direct 12V.

Check for power coming out of the switch.The switch shouldn't be that bad to remove.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fixed the seat. Bad switch.

The automatic climate control is another matter.
The blower only blows on low speed. I checked the resistor(s) and all seem good.
1-2 = 2.4 ohm, 2-3=.6, 3-4=.8, 4-5=2.3.
I even jumpered pin 1 to 2. it blew on high speen then blew the fuse.

The manual say it could be a power supply problem. ????

I need som suggestions/or better prints.

Thanks

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
But do you have power from the control module to the resistor?

The Autocontrol module might be bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is power to the resistor but I have not measured the pins to see if the value is changing at different pins when it should be.

When you say control module are you referring to the "programmer" whcih is in the ducting or the acc controller itself? Power to the resistor comes in on 4 pins with the 5th going back out to the blower. Out of those 4 inputs, only 1 comes from the controller and that goes to the 2.4 ohm resistor. the other 3 come from what the manual calls the programmer. As of now, 12v is coming in on pin 1 and getting dropped before going to the blower. I am at a loss as to why the voltage is not switching to the other pins on the resistor pack.

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Im not exactly sure either. By control module I mean the entire assembly in the dash with the switches in it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I found the problem.
The connector behind the controller that goes to the temp selector pot was connected upside down. Now all fan spped sork correctly. I checked the fuse (15) for the fan just for grins and the darn thing was stuck. When I finally got it out, you can tell that I has gotten hot. It was slightly melted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts