Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just wondering if the tires needed for 18 inch wheels cause problems for the s60...... Im looking at maybe purchasing 18 inchers but am not going to do so if the tires rub the wheel wells every time I turn (among other potentially more serious problems). Anyone have experience with this??

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
There was a topic about this just recently I think it was about problems with the S60 and tires rubbing with 17" wheels was a big part. U might get some help there, and/or check with a good tire shop

Personally, I have factory optional 18" and have not had a problem yet

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
If you go with the larger diameter wheel you will need to reduce the tire height (e.g. from a 55 series on a 16" wheel to a 45 series on an 18" wheel). If the overall diameter, wheel + tire on the larger wheel is no greater diameter than the smaller wheel you should be OK. That being said, don't yell at me if you go with the 18"er's and it rubs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am not certain, but I would think the 18 would be ok, seeing as you can get them on the "R" and I am also fairly certain the 18" rims are listed in the accessory catalogue for the s60"s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts