Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.

Ok, so now here's my problem/request/getting down on my knees and begging look!!!
Being here in Australia makes it a little hard to come across things like GT badges and other trim pieces for the 142, especially since they were never released here as far as I know?
Either way since its near on imposible to come by, I was wondering/hoping/praying somebody on this forum maybe able to help me locate for purchase GT badges (external) and internal trim pieces (if there were any of these) for the 142GT so I may complete my replica/upgrade of my 1972 142S to GT specs.
Any help or advice/pointing in right direction, would be very greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Paul

Greetings

I have a 142 tacho that sits on top of the dash, a set of side fender badges that read 142 and red underneath (these maybe off a 142s, but not sure).

If interested reply - I am in Melbourne.

Dadedo

·
Registered
19 Posts
Paul,

Pages 26-27 from 1973 'The Volvo Accessories Parade' show some 144/142 GT accessories - I can vaguely remember that most of these were available through the Australian dealers.

Graeme

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Aussi, I guess there are e few of us aware of the GT items for the 140 series and also wanting these items "badly" too. At the moment a set of GT rims is offered near by my place but that's about it I'm affraid. GT articles are more likely to be found for Amazons.

Since I started my 140 craze in the mid "80s, I came across some of these items just like that, since there wasn't any interest back than.

I now am planning to make my own GT Badges, based on the standard ones. mind you, they will be look-a-likes and hope they'll come out reasonable.

If it were only as easy as using paintshop or such...

some material to dream on for now...

+ a dutch car... http://www.carrelation.nl/car.php?car=614
a new zealand one... http://www.volvoadventures.com/142GT.html
a bleu US car... https://flic.kr/p/1397640889 and... http://140.forum.bilia.se/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1008

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry to dg up an old thread but I am in Sydney Australia and am looking for a 140 72 GT fog light Grille. Can anyone help.

These things seems to be rare as rocking horse ****.

My email address is [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Aussi, you could make one yourselve, ive seen some, with a little patience it will come out nicely.. and I made my own version..

I'm still trying to find some more documentation on this version, you may probably allready know that it has allways been a dealer, owner or importer "thing" to make a 140 into a GT.

I found a French note that offerde a 150HP version, dealer-off.. and have a "volvo-Parade" accesories brochure, also French that shows some details on the subject.. however no one at the French Volvo club seems to know about it..

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Jambon @ Nov 7 2011, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Aussi, you could make one yourselve, ive seen some, with a little patience it will come out nicely.. and I made my own version..

I'm still trying to find some more documentation on this version, you may probably allready know that it has allways been a dealer, owner or importer "thing" to make a 140 into a GT.

I found a French note that offerde a 150HP version, dealer-off.. and have a "volvo-Parade" accesories brochure, also French that shows some details on the subject.. however no one at the French Volvo club seems to know about it..

Thanks Jambon,

Post up or email me a pic of yours.

Yeah the GT bits were offerred by the dealers. But the grill was not part of the gt package I have learnt. It was from Volvo Competition Services.

Volvo competition Service parts are harder to locate than GT itmes. lol.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cool car jambon!

Someone has recently sent me pics and dimensions of the original item, so if I find a second grill I will get it made up into a fog light grille.

I am exciting about other things at them moment. I bought a set of cibie super oscars on ebay so they will go on soon and I am putting on Konis, new springs (keep standard height) and putting poly bushes throughout the suspension.

I'll keep going through your photos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts