Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at first I was very disapointed in this car but you all suggested I give it some time. so here I am after 1 year and I like this car even less.

My fault for not taking a test drive though!!!!

I am being honest and not treolling the forum so please take this as a very honest review.

I have about 18,000 km on it.

It is by far the worst designed car in this price range. I am so upset I bought this car. I never test drove it so I deserve what I got.

Just a few of my issues

1) The worst turning radius of any car I have ever driven

2) Zero rear seat legroom. I mean zero!!!!!

3) If you are going to make a key the size of a cell phone, have it insert into the dash or the console. My knee keeps hitting it where it now is.

4) More wind whistles and squeeks that a entry level Kia

5) The door locks are beyond stupid. There is a single button that does not rock back and forth. Lets say you use your key fob to open the driver door to get in. It opens just the driver door. 2 hits open all doors but normally I just open the driver door. Now lets say I stop to give someone a lift. Because of the design of the locks I must first press the button to lock all the doors then hit it again to unlock them. WTF!!!

6) NO POWER TRUNK RELEASE!!!!!!

7) No light in the engine compartment.

8) Now they design this thing with fold down rear seats. Means they believe folks will be carring things in the back. Well the fools forgot to have any place to hook a tie down or bungie cord in the trunk lid????

9) They offer a 17" wheel option which I took. Problem is, they don't fit. When cornering even slightly aggressive the front wheels rub. Even my dealer laughed about the number of complaints they get on this one.

10) The heated seats just barely get warm

11) The paint on the leather of the drivers seat has already worn through in 18,000 km

12) This car does not like the wind at all. Very unstable.

13) Useless cup holders.

14) You need an engineering degree to figure out the HVAC

15) They have this stupid feature where the doors lock themselves after a certain time. Wish I had known befor I threw my keys, wallet and cell phone on the front seat while chatting with a friend I met in the parking lot.

I should have purchasd another MB 4matic C240. My wife has one and thought it would look dumb to both be driving the same car.

On the good side it has the bast damn seats I have ever sat in an the fuel economy is excellent.

brianf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sell the car! You will prob loose some money w/the depreciation and all but beats driving a car that you obviously despise!

Try the g35x! it`s a great car and is not as pricey as the 240 4matic.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have tried to sell it but am not prepared to take a 15,000 to 20,000 hit in the first year. After 2 years that type of depreciation is more acceptable.

Although I do like the G35's it would be another Benz for me. Only about 5,000.00 more.

brianf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts