Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everybody, Im am new to these forums and new to Volvo as well. My wife and I just had our first baby and saw it fit to purchase a Volvo.

After a lot of research I decided to buy a '05 S60 2.5T and have absolutly fell in love with almost everything about it.
I'll be keeping an eye on these forums to find some useful facts from the people on here that know what they are talking about.

One question I already have is what people are using to clean and condition the leather interior?

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds

O-yeah if anyone plays FORZA racing on the XBOX the S60R rocks!!

·
Premium Member
2,885 Posts
I use Meguiers (spelling?) two part leather cleaner and conditioner. Haven't had my S60 too long but everything else Meguiers that I have used has been good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guys, I heard Meguires works really well. Im gonna go buy some of there products tommorow.

Anyone know what will safely remove hard water spots from my windows?

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Hi there. Congratulations on junior and the car. Did you know that you get naming rights with the junior? Just thought you might like to know if you didn't!!

Have a look at AutoGlym

www.autoglym.com

This is a English effort with the Royal Warrant-HM The Queen Mother and HRH The Prince of Wales.

Aston Martin

Jaguar Cars

McLaren Cars

Morgan Motor Co

All of the above use AutoGlym. You see that two on the list are Ford owned like Volvo.

My upholstery guru recommends this stuff as being the Rolls Royce of leather care products.

Cheers

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Auckland, I'll be sure to check out the site.

Which two on that list were Ford owned like Volvo anyway.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(fyrfytr @ Jun 3 2005, 12:17 AM)Thanks Auckland, I'll be sure to check out the site.

Which two on that list were Ford owned like Volvo anyway.

[snapback]8949[/snapback]​

Aston Martin and Jaguar

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Disregard I saw it was a '05 in your profile. Do you have any idea where the coin (change) holder is in your 60?

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I dont think it has a dedicated change holder --at least I dont see one -- Ive been using the lower cup holder (the first one behind the shifter) since I dont drink in the car anyway!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
There should be one in the center console.On the front part once you open the lid.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Jun 5 2005, 11:29 AM)There should be one in the center console.On the front part once you open the lid.
[snapback]9053[/snapback]​

?????Not to sound stupid, but I have the gear shifter, then two cup holders that are hidden buy an aluminum looking piece that slides open and closed, then a compartment that flips open to reveal two more cup holders. Under this piece is a nice sized storage compartment.

This last piece that flips open, is that supposed to be the change holder?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmm. I still haven't found it. It's driving me nuts because volvo claims that these vehicleds have a dedicated change holder.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(fyrfytr @ Jun 5 2005, 01:17 PM)Hmmmm. I still haven't found it. It's driving me nuts because volvo claims that these vehicleds have a dedicated change holder.
[snapback]9057[/snapback]​

ditto..ive been out there twice today checking to making sure it wasnt me!!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Can either of you take a digital picture of the inside of the center console under the arm rest?
Then I can show you where it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TECH, I just went down and looked for the 4th time or so. Our center console is just a plastic cubbie hole that is surrounded in a felt like material. The only thing in there is a rubberized base that is removable. Once removed there are bolts that are visible but nothing else. This things really is really kicking my ass because in the Volvo broshure it simpy states that there is a "coin box" on all 2005 S60 models.

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(fyrfytr @ Jun 5 2005, 08:56 PM)TECH, I just went down and looked for the 4th time or so. Our center console is just a plastic cubbie hole that is surrounded in a felt like material. The only thing in there is a rubberized base that is removable. Once removed there are bolts that are visible but nothing else. This things really is really kicking my ass because in the Volvo broshure it simpy states that there is a "coin box" on all 2005 S60 models.

[snapback]9075[/snapback]​

Exactly the same here...but here's a photo I had on hand

And that cubbie is flat on the bottom. Ive been using that for my cell phone holder!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
QUOTE(Tech @ Jun 5 2005, 10:50 PM)That is not where I was talking about.
I modified your picture to tell you where I wanted a picture of.
I wanted a pic of inside the one where the blue arrow is.
http://photobucket.com/albums/v624/mustang...=S60console.bmp
[snapback]9088[/snapback]​

I saw where u pointed to in the picture. I cant imagine that that is supposed to be the change holder. If that is supposed to be a change holder, u r going to hear change moving every time you accelerate, brake corner...u get the picture

Ill take a photo tomorrow and put it up to make sure we are all on the same page!!

·
Volvo Guru !
5,908 Posts
Last I knew it was under that lid and in the front part of the box.There should be groves in there that the change slides into.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts