Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, just thinking of upgrading the speakers on my 05 S40. Does anyone know what size will fit and also does the speaker grill pop off or do i have to take the whole door cover off?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
I cant answer u, but if no one else does either, I would get a repair manual for your car. My guess is your answer would be in there.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Joes,
This may be a dead issue anyway. I went to my sevice dept to see about more speakers. It seems that Volvo has used a new wiring system for the new S40 (they say to increase performance and reduce theft). Anyway, even other Volvo model speakers will not work with the new (2004.5 and up) stereo system.

Now I am on a mission...there has to be a way to "up" the system...there is always a way.

G

·
Yup, apparently they using some optical fibre link in these babies. Why you want to change the speakers? I feel that for a stock system it has acceptable bordering on quite nice sound. I wanted to put the optional sub woofer into mine and the dealer quoted me a price of around R9500 (South African Rands). I almost passed out. For that price you can kit a much lesser car out very nicely with a system that is going to give you a nice balance between banging and quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts