Volvo Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to make a decision!

It's between a 2003 V70Turbo really loaded in mint condition with 40,000 miles or

a 2004 V70 with the normal options Premium package and winter package with approx 15,000 miles. Average dings

Tough decision.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My opinion... these are pretty heavy cars and could use the extra muscle. I would go with the 2003. I've heard some rumors about the turbochargers being a weak spot in these car (with them wanting to go out fairly regularly) but I've had my car for 3 months now, that I got with 75,000 miles on it (and it now has 83,000), and I've seen now sign of a problem. From the dealer, I got a carfax report and there have been now past reports of the turbocharger being replaced so I don't know... it could just be a rumor. But, yeah... I would take the '03.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i've found with Volvo ( and indeed all other top range cars) always go for biggest spec - leather is vital. When you come to sell the best spec goes first.

steve

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
I'd go for the Turbo option, in a blink.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just received an e-mail this morning from the dealer that had the 03 v70 turbo and he sold it on Saturday.

Now it's back to the drawing board!

Alan

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Remember the old Roman saying: he who hesitates is lost. It proves though, that the car was a good one!

One the brightside: when you see another one-just remember that somebody else could be looking for one of those cars also!!

Good Luck for your searchings

·
Premium Member
8,352 Posts
Thee hee hee ...

Don't worry. Keep on searching. "SEEK, AND YOU SHALL FIND!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts