Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 340 handbreak
post Aug 24 2004, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Advanced
Member No.: 333

Hi
I have a 340DL and it is working good but i am not using it as my first car. I drove it occasionally. From a couple of days it handbreak light is giving me the problem some time it gets on and some time it is not. where should i searchout the problme with hand break stick or in the dash board?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
post Aug 26 2004, 07:20 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 465

Is most definately to be a loose connection on the bulb in the insrument panel. It really easy to do:

Reach up behind the instument panel and disconnect the speedo cable (just turn it a quarter turn).

Unscrew the screws holding the top of the panel to the dashboard, disconnect the multi connection clips at the back and pull the whole panel out.

Undue the numerous larger screws of the panel and your in. Just clean the connection using wd-40. Should do the trick.

p.s you need to take the steering whell off to do this.

Rick

QUOTE(yellowsky @ Aug 24 2004, 12:48 PM)
Hi
I have a 340DL and it is working good but i am not using it as my first car. I drove it occasionally. From a couple of days it handbreak light is giving me the problem some time it gets on and some time it is not. where should i searchout the problme with hand break stick or in the dash board?
[right][snapback]655[/snapback][/right]

QuoteReply
post Sep 25 2004, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 840

Maybe you should try to visit Volvo 300 Club NL (the "nieuw forum, forum techniek algemeen (gasten)"-section. If the above answer does not resolve the problem that is...

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Other Volvo Models Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 340 Trike
my volvo
5 Rainbow_Zanadar 502 28th September 2006 - 06:29 PM
Last post by: Rainbow_Zanadar
No New Posts 340dl 1.4 Engine?
Info on engine
3 Mick Dawes 4,194 16th June 2006 - 07:31 PM
Last post by: Norvo
No New Posts 340 2 V70
9 distendo 477 16th January 2006 - 11:50 PM
Last post by: n xntrx volvo

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 10th July 2020 - 06:56 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.