Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Am I Crazy?, 1967 122 as a tow vehicle
post Jan 29 2009, 10:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,786

I think I know the answer to this but I will ask anyway...I have owned a 1967 122 sedan for 23 years of which the car has been in storage for 18. It is in excellent condition and has only 107,000 miles and was purchased from the original owner. The vehicle is in Oregon but I live in Alaska. I am finally at a point to bring it to Alaska. It will need some work to make the trip but I don't anticipate anything major. I am pondering the purchase of a small trailer to pull behind the car. At this time it does not have a trailer hitch. The trailer I intend to pull will weigh approximately #1500. Am I crazy to attempt this? Does anybody know the tow rating capacity of the 122? I imagine a hitch will have to be custom but I am not even sure where it would mount? I realize it could be a real desecration to the car. Am I crazy? Thanks in advance for your objective advice, Iguana
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Doogwhan
post Jan 30 2009, 12:30 AM
Post #2

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,246
Drives: 2004 S60R, 1992 Volvo 245, 2003 VW Jetta TDI (The Bride's)

In my mind if it is a one-shot tow, it might not be that bad. I think regular towing duty would be the death of a classic.

OR...

Rent a moving van, put your stuff in it, and tow the 122! (I know, I couldn't afford to do it either)

**EDIT** 18 years?!?! I'm gonna have to stick with option 2.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Other Volvo Models Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Location
0 MTurgeon 642 15th May 2019 - 04:49 PM
Last post by: MTurgeon
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsAmazon: Windscreen Wiper Including Gear Axle Comes Off Gearhousing
0 Stanislaus 890 2nd August 2016 - 04:47 AM
Last post by: Stanislaus
No New Posts Amplifier Pin Out For Speaker
S80
0 poopbunny 2,877 27th December 2013 - 07:17 AM
Last post by: poopbunny
No New Posts Am Radio
V40 AM Radio not fantastic....
0 KatieJ 1,244 4th April 2013 - 08:14 PM
Last post by: KatieJ
No New Posts Am Radio Does Not Work
0 E. F. 1,029 1st February 2013 - 11:39 PM
Last post by: E. F.

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 10th July 2020 - 07:45 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.