Volvo Owners Forum banner

Sponsoring/vendor Forum

21K views 69 replies 7 participants last post by  ampangbear 
#1 ·
Figured I would help out but did not see any paid subscriptions avaliable under the control panel. Admittedly I did not search very hard but I was just wondering how to help or sponsor a forum.

#2 ·
Good morning Volvospeed.

This is a question which has come up from time to time. I can't remember how we resolved all the questions etc about it.
Sorry about that.

You might be better served by the site rather than my memory by 'searching' the site for 'sponsor' or 'sponsoring'.

It has definitely been discussed before now.

Cheers

#4 ·
i had asked when i first had joined about contibuting and i got a response back that thanked me for my help, but that the forum was run by outside advertising. i also asked about t-shirts, etc, and the answer that was posted to me by email was that everybody wants to get one, but when the time came, most people didn't come through so the idea was put to rest. i also would like to contribute if that is possible.

#5 ·
Good morning TheGreekMason.

Thank you for your remarks. I remember the T-shirt question now.

If I remember correctly, the logistics about the buying, supplying, distribution of T-shirts around the world was going to be a nightmare.

It was generally agreed that the idea was good-but bad for all the above reasons.

One problem which came to mind-was who was going to pay for all the stock which did not sell? If the member doing the distribution had other commitments, who was willing to take over? etc etc etc

This is one of the reasons why I would like a forum specially to store all these various issues. Just call it: The Limbo of Forgotten Heresies. Anything we didn't want-just store it there!!

Naturally, when I suggested that we prune the forum, I nearly had to get the UN to defend me. New Zealand is not big on defense.

Cheers

#6 ·
When we do T-shirts and hoodies on volvospeed we do it one of two ways. Most of the time Volvospeed pays for them all upfront and handles selling them. If a member is responsible for a smaller group buy we take all the orders up front and require pre pay with shipping to whatever country. As for helping out I see two forum sponsors at the bottom of the page so apparently there is a way.

#7 ·
how bout a mag. with all this information on this site and yours volvospeed, it would be awsome! ok, i have been thinking of this for a long time. dispite my bad spelling on the computer i have dabbled in the editorial field. first off all the pics, info, how too's, events ect would make for countless issues. i know atleast all of the members here today would pay for a subscription. Once a month a car from these sites can be featured, you can do a car representing street to race, interview the owners. As a matter of fact, here in town they had a local broadcasting show called motoring tv and they showed all the local news and coverage. I now work with the creators of this show, although now the show isnt on now due intrest, i can find out how i can utilize that. look, im tired of BMW books, dub mags, hell, imports have countless mags. but as close as ive found is turbo mags prodject brickyard, and the skimmy Redline mag whom ive countlessly begged for some volvo something, thats why im glued to the forum.
Funding: before you ask........
ARE YOU KIDDING!!!!! advertisements pay. you know ipd, fcp, wow, like you already dont know, would pay for ad spots. im serious about this, the volvo nation can use a "make" mag, like the others have. Id be willing to contribute to that, and would handel member coverage. plus i know people too, like the owner of NOPI, not to name drop, even he said it would be a good idea, seeing that sales of performance parts are rapidly growing but entries are low in the national show classes due to owners not having a sense of belonging, think of the revenue generated from such a move?
just a thought?
ive written a business plan already, not a thought. but i cant harness the vast world of knowlege brought to me from volvo-forums, its members, and volvospeed.com's how to links on my own. All that saved me thousands of dollars and down time. PLEASE CONSIDER THIS

#10 ·
QUOTE(Volvospeed @ Aug 7 2008, 08:59 PM)You guys should just sell me this site and when I make the magazine you will all get free copies.
[snapback]88595[/snapback]​

so you feel the same bout the mag? you have five years of content at your disposal, and some sweet volvos too.
com on guys! dont look at it later and say man wish i got on that wagon!

#15 ·
QUOTE(Volvospeed @ Aug 8 2008, 10:40 AM)Sounds like a great idea but we need structure first. Three admins and 2 have not logged in for over 6 moths, and one has 4 posts. I just want to make sure things can get done and its not a matter of us sitting around going duhhhhhhhh.
[snapback]88618[/snapback]​

im on my myspace, this forum, and volvo gallery.com.uk daily, all day. sometimes i feel if i post up to much it will look like im flooding the site for my own good, not to say looking like a post pest. I have been looking to do this for quite some time. i have the resources, background, and manpower to pull it off. Sales for marketing the mag? no problem, ive sold cars, meat, time shares, and had my own hear-say operated company, i constantly try to swing these other mags to share spotlight on the euro style. volvos play a BIG part in that, hell volvo 850s dominated races in the uk and are hard to handel localy in SCCA meets and the streets, Eurotuner for example, DUB city, cover cars wit only 380hp and some donated rims, ive got more hp and my ride is more "real" to the market euro not to mention Mason, Tech, Bear, Xpeice, YOU, and the other 50,000 tuned volvos! Im not bashing other editorials here, im just saying it would be a big move for volvos aftermarket image and who would be responsible? it will work, it is needed. IM WILLING TO HELP ALL I CAN. and i have manpower, three employees in atlanta running my east coast shop, im alone here doing it at home in my garage. I have all the time in the world, i work at home. If you can invision this the same as i see it, lets go, lets do this.
point and kick, thats my motto. what can i do to help?

#18 ·
QUOTE(Volvospeed @ Aug 8 2008, 02:33 PM)I have the contacts. I talk with people from Recaro, Motec, Motul, Atspeed and so on weekly. Hell I have one of the GT cars. Its just a matter of if this site wants to be involved. I'll give the higher ups a few more days to chime in.
[snapback]88626[/snapback]​

fair enough! lets see if the higher powers feel the same.
thanks volvospeed

#19 ·
you know, i always knew that someone was tapping into my brain, i was just talking about this subject to the mrs the other day. she has been chiding me for years, ever since i left the music industry, to get into writing. hell, i had thought about the magazine route that you guys have been talking about. i tend to ramble on and on but i always get to the point. you guys need a writer, i'm in. hell, if you need someones legs broken, i'm there. haven't beaten someone, physically, in a long time
and my employees don't count.
and swed, what's your company? if i may ask. eurotuner mag gets the job done with crappy writing and just going around and getting peoples cars in the mag for nothing, not knocking them, but come on, the features are like going into any mall's parking lot and getting billy butthead and his vw mkI. done a million times before. i can honestly see this mag going through the roof. not just that fact that sweders will have something for themselves, like swed posted, but to show the factory that volvo is not the unwanted **** child that they are making it out to be. case in point, the new R's that will just be an option level. WTF!!!!! where is the world class level in refinement of interior with some serious HP. even crappy econo cars have serious HP. hyundai is making an 8 with 300+ HP and we can't even get a sport shift in an S40. just another two cents from the greek. but usually it amounts to $10 bucks with all the typing i do.
and, as if we didn't know, we have the whole world covered. hell, just bears crew in malaysia would be a years worth of articles.

#20 ·
Innovative Creations, started off in a corner in a friends bodyshop. I got a tech degree in autobody fab,. custom metal fab, custom paint and refinnishing. plus i have a certified honda degree. I worked for Nopi for a few years as a parts manager and prodject car manager. I craved more, so i went in to business myself. Nobunaga (no-boo-naa-gaa) trust me the name had meaning, was the parent company, building serious hondas for the street and show. Won awards at nopi nationals, bugger bash, and countless local shows. Did a couple of DUB shows, Hot import nights too. I got tired of competing with 400+ hondas per show even though won somthing. So I and a friend started I.C. Since I have built and showed mini trucks, classics, imports and even a JETTA gli
. Now we sell and broker hard to find parts, rebuild insurance jobs, window tint, audio, ect. I had a great run 94-2006 full time. Saved my money, and retired. So I.C. still does work, just hear-say. I have a couple of shops that call me in for special things, but im on idle. Awaiting new kill orders from the CIA

#22 ·
you know, the weird thing, i almost had your company do the impala after i blew the motor/tranny and destroyed the front end of the car. when i called to ask about who would accept the car when i transported it over, i was told they would call back and never heard from them again. so i used arizona speed and marine to do the block and they had a local guy do the body work. anyway, good for you. retired before 40. sweet.

#23 ·
Well, Im not sure of that....I spent alot of time on the road getting pimped out by sponsors. We did install alot of StreetBeat parts and Master Image Customs metal preworks. Donks and more Donks, Lowriders and Murauder killers (had one of those, stolen
).... but i dont recall even one no-call in bound. Im sorry. but the pala came out supurb!

#25 ·
retired? yea, lets say im not bound to a paycheck and punch clock. My wife works a easy peezy job and likes the fact i make enough money to exsist, i work from home, so im a stay at home dad, not by full choice, just the garage is at home....she just works to get out!
But its cool, retired, yes, scared to make more money, hell no
. Just lucky i guess, got out ther real early, and done a lot. :thumbsup:but no bragging, lifes short, everybodys a star in ther own lives, forget i said that, I was just letting you guys know im dedicated to this thing. Seriously dedicated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.