Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Closed TopicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Pirelli Replaces 4 Tires As Goodwill Gesture, XC90 Has only 14000 Miles
Delta757
post Sep 2 2006, 10:06 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,839
Drives: XC90 T6 AWD

All four Pirelli Scorpion tires bald at 14,000 Miles.. Dealer Contacted Pirelli and were replaced same day as good will gesture... no quetions asked... however they replaced with Scorpion STR (Different Tread Pattern)...

Pirelli knows they have a major problem with the performance of the tires... Am dissapointed that Volvo continues to deal with known defects..

Kudos to the Service Manager for getting this resolved fast!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
post Nov 1 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 20,799

I've seen a lot of reports about short tyre life - and am amazed that so many seem to suffer.
I've had my Xc90 for 2 years now and although SE spec - I opted for the 17 inch rims with the Michelin Synchrone tyres after some careful research about tread wear as I didn't want to be changing 4 tyres every year.
I just changed all four at an astonishing 42,000 UK miles with just under 3mm left - but with winter approaching and some horrendous rain recently they were definitely overdue. No sign of uneven wear either ....

I had an XC70 prior to that with Pirelli Scorpions and got just over 50K per pair. Is it just me ?

QuoteReply
post Nov 13 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 21,162

Your are so lucky, I have 40,000 miles on my XC 90 and is already on my third set of Michelins, third set of front brake pads and third set of front rotors. and second transmission. When they replace the transmission, they put the drive shaft back crooked and destryed the front hub. Now the brake squeals like a girl even with new pads and rotor.

QuoteReply
post Nov 28 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 21,613

Hello,

We have a 2004 XC90 that has 36000 mi. The dealer replaced the Pirelli Scorpions at 15000 and the dealer was great about how short lived they were so they made it fine. But now, a year later we have to replace them again but of course the dealer says its our turn. The dealer suggests trying a new brand of tires. Any suggestions? We have liked the way the Pirelli's ride and the stability in the snow, but the short life span is killing us ... don't want to have to replace our tires every year!

Thanks
CJ

QuoteReply
Auckland
post May 8 2008, 01:20 AM
Post #5

Veteran

Member No.: 2,310
Drives: 1999 S80

:cat:

What is causing this rush of blood from berhala to report these postings?

QuoteReply
TheGreekMason
post May 8 2008, 02:49 PM
Post #6

Expert Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 31,123

look until we figure out what is going on, this post is closed. end of story. what, all of a sudden it's the flood of bad tires.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Good Guy/Bad Guy Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Goodwill Repair Botch
0 S60Dubai 752 18th July 2019 - 12:32 PM
Last post by: S60Dubai
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsTires Compatibility 142
3 boyou2 5,149 25th April 2015 - 09:43 PM
Last post by: Volvo164guy
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsTires
0 Longstone Tyres 2,155 27th March 2015 - 07:34 AM
Last post by: Longstone Tyres
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsTires Destroyed By Steering Rub?
7 Rosscoe 5,577 8th April 2012 - 03:37 PM
Last post by: mys6t
No New Posts Pirelli Tire Issues
Warranty Issues
0 carlc 1,976 4th January 2012 - 12:41 PM
Last post by: carlc

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th September 2020 - 04:48 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.