Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Advice With Purchasing An Xc90 (or Other Suv)
Kman42
post Sep 4 2020, 05:20 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 250,955
Drives: Ford Laser

Hi, first post here. I am suddenly in the market for a new family car, since our Commodore Wagon was written off.

This time around we are looking at a diesel SUV for better (and more useful) towing power, better highway performance & economy while fully loaded on trips, more boot space and some offroad capability (dirt roads and the occasional beach). We have 2 kids and not looking to expand the family, so I wouldn't use the rear seats.

We have about $9k to play with. The most common car that comes up is the 2007 XC90 diesel 5 cylinder (all auto versions), and it looks like it ticks the boxes. I've researched about common problems, and the dominant one seems to be transmission issues. Is there any way to check for this while inspecting a car? Any other common issues I should look out for?

Other potential cars is the VW Toureg V6 TDi, or the Nissan Pathfinder 2.5L. Can anyone comment on how these compare?
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest General Volvo Non-Model Specific Discussion Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Xc90 3.2 Engine Swap
0 FREEBUSINESSES 2,525 14th June 2020 - 12:29 PM
Last post by: FREEBUSINESSES
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsXc90 Parasitic Draw
xc90 parasitic draw
16 roadster99 39,311 16th April 2020 - 05:30 AM
Last post by: Mr.Tango
No New Posts Android Head Unit Xc60
0 Fgr444 27,249 15th April 2020 - 06:42 AM
Last post by: Fgr444
No New Posts Xc90 V8 Engine Mods
Finally a mod for all us V8 owners
5 Jefrey Bell 19,723 1st April 2020 - 10:31 PM
Last post by: Paul1963
No New Posts Xc90 Radio Replacement
XC90 Radio Replacement Questions
8 sffrancoxc90 31,265 21st February 2020 - 06:04 PM
Last post by: FREEBUSINESSES

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 30th October 2020 - 08:44 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.