Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Anyone Else Screwed Over By John Parker?
deadken
post Apr 27 2016, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Senior

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,601
Drives: '83 240 (250+k), '91 940 Turbo, + '92 940 (R.I.P. '93 940)

Like other people I've had problems in my dealings with John Parker from Vintage Performance Developments. Unfortunately, I am at the point where it seems that he has stolen $1,500 from me. The money was a deposit on an engine, which after over 4 years has not been delivered. I've gotten nothing to show for my money but stories about why it was taking so long. I have emails documenting our agreed upon prices, specs, and delivery method as well as my repeated questioning and his excuses (mother sick, engine cores stolen from his property, roof collapsed, etc...). I even went as far as to suggest that if he can't deliver the engine, to just send me a head ported to stage II specs and the $100 balance (his website listed a stage II head as costing $1400). When he failed to come through, yet again, I asked for the full refund. After getting no reply, I had a lawyer send him a request for payment. Again, no reply.

So, I figured that I'd ask how many others here in the Volvo community have been cheated by John Parker and / or Vintage Performance Developments? Perhaps I can gather enough similar stories to get the NY State Attorney General to take interest. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share your story in public. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to ask if you have proof / documentation to back up your claim. I'm not looking for bogus claims. I'm looking to show a pattern of repeated abuse / theft that can lead to charges against him / his business.

-Thanks, Ken
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
M*****A
post Mar 18 2017, 09:27 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 211,305
Drives: Volvo p1800s

Regarding being screwed by John Parker!

Hi Ken,

I might have a similar case! Ordered two Mikuni carbs, adapter for a T9 gearbox, manifold, slider yoke and some other stuff in Nov 2016. John replied quickly and I had the impression he was serious and professional! Paid the whole deal of a bit over $1,600 upfront (which I now realize was stupid) and waited, just like you.

After New Year I contacted him that I'm getting my thing together so the parts I've ordered are more than welcome. Still no stress, but anyway welcome. We came into mid-Feb and I once again asked where my parts are in progress and we agreed that within 2-3 weeks he would have it all shipped to me. Now it was getting on the red line, time-vise as I had a very busy but skilled mechanic that had squeezed me into his calendar.

A couple of weeks back I started to chase John a bit more intensively. Wrote a couple of mails asking where we are in terms of shipping. Earlier replies had indicated that it was the slider yoke that was delaying the whole thing as it was another very busy workshop that were preparing this.

I suggested that he could send the adapter, carbs etc right away as he had said that was ready just waiting for the slider yoke to get ready and I pay the extra shipping for the slider, when it is finally ready. No replies whatsoever!

Started to call all those number, which had its limits as I'm in Poland, Europe and 5 hours in time difference. No answers anywhere and no replies on the messages I left.

Today(18th March 2017) I got frankly pissed off after searching a number of different forums and FB etc on the subject of John Parker and Vintage Performance Development, finding out that he basically screwed over a number of enthusiasts all over the planet. Either by extremely late delivery such as your case and a couple of guys even got nothing! Money gone! Trying to get in touch with a couple of guys I found on FB, to get their story.

Surprisingly is that today, when I wrote to him, stating that I realized that he screwed me on my parts and included a screenshot from one of the forum, he replied: telling that he had been traveling the recent week and hadn't managed to check up on the slider yoke, but will do on Monday. If ready he will send me all my stuff. He couldn't understand, however what I meant with "being silent ".

Interesting in this is that I wrote to him at around 10:00 CET, meaning like 5AM for him and he replied!? Very fast reply when he wants!

I have now replied, asking to have the carbs, adapter, manifold, jets etc that is supposed to be ready since long, shipped right away. I have a $2,000 T9 renovated gearbox completely useless without the adapter. I will learn and see if he will be back to me on Monday. I have my doubts.

I have my whole e-mail correspondence saved with him, so let me know what to do with it.
Mikael

QuoteReply
notThatShane
post Nov 3 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 196,417
Drives: 1968 Volvo p1800s

Sounds like I'm lucky. After almost a year, he did get my engine rebuild done. Wouldn't recommend doing business with him though. Doesn't respond to emails or phone calls for weeks -- sometimes months at a time.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest General Volvo Non-Model Specific Discussion Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Anyone From Melbourne
S40's
10 PLANT 20,702 2nd October 2019 - 01:02 PM
Last post by: krever
No New Posts Over Revving
2.0 diesel engine revving out of control when under pressure
4 V50-Spain 1,191 11th February 2019 - 04:42 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsAnyone Know How To Disconnect This Wiring Harness?
0 dhaz 1,678 28th July 2018 - 10:15 PM
Last post by: dhaz
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsAnyone Know What This Bit Does?
0 RIDDLER5 1,703 10th June 2018 - 02:42 PM
Last post by: RIDDLER5
No New Posts Anyone Got Experience Of An Sbb Key Programmer?
SSBB V46.02 OBD2 Immobilizer Key Programmer
0 Jasperson 1,068 30th November 2017 - 05:00 AM
Last post by: Jasperson

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 15th August 2020 - 02:38 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.