Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Navigation Maps Update, Volvo support maps update for sensis navigation
jamestas
post Nov 26 2017, 11:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 160,297
Drives: 2012 Volvo XC 60 T6 AWD

Hi,
I've recently become aware that is now possible to user update the Sensis navigation maps for 2012 and onward vehicle.
I've obtained the latest Australian / Pacific maps via the support volvocars com website and successfully loaded them onto a 32Gb FAT formatted usb drive.

When I plug the drive in the maps attempt to update but I'm prompted with 'enter license key' message.
Further reading suggests that this means my car needs to have a firmware update from the dealer in order to be able to use this 'free' functionality.

This just kills me - yet another item where I need to pay for a software update to allow something to work - where I do all the work myself.

Has anyone in Australia had the required firmware done?

Actually - I'd appreciate feedback from anyone about a typical cost top load this.

I'm after a ballpark cost to know if I'm getting ripped off by the only dealer on the island - I've had rotten luck with them in the past so want to arm myself with some facts,

It would be nice to have updated maps and not constantly driving through 'paddocks' with all the roadworks here over the last few years :-)

Cheers
James

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
VolvoDownunder
post Jan 22 2018, 05:29 AM
Post #2

Senior

Member No.: 3,414
Drives: 2006 XC90 2.5 and 2008 S40LE

I would suggest that you contact Volvo Australia on its toll free number to clarify the position regarding the "licence details".
It could be that each vehicle has a dedicated "licence number" for map updates similar to a "radio code" in some vehicles when a battery is disconnected.

QuoteReply
juank_fajardo
post Jan 9 2021, 09:35 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 252,029
Drives: xc60

Hi,

BEforehands thanks for your help in this matter.

I have a XC60 2012 imported from Europe to USA, right now i'm in Colombia and i have my Navigation System with USA maps and the activation code related to this maps, however, i have south america maps but when i try to install these maps, the screen show me that the system needs the activation code for this maps but i don't know when can i get it...i appreicate if someone can help me to give me the details where i can find it.

thks

Jk

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC60 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Navigation
0 CEMPFER0 2,176 22nd November 2018 - 02:53 PM
Last post by: CEMPFER0
No New Posts Update The Car Stereo?
Android car stereo
0 David Elliot 2,321 28th March 2018 - 10:16 PM
Last post by: David Elliot
No New Posts Navigation System
DVD SHUTTER??
0 NIM 2,349 28th September 2017 - 10:44 AM
Last post by: NIM
0 Latavn 2,300 5th March 2017 - 07:37 PM
Last post by: Latavn
Replacing components
1 Latavn 2,511 28th February 2017 - 06:12 AM
Last post by: Latavn

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th January 2021 - 03:22 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.