Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Tried Aftermarket Seat Heaters In 240, Seat Warmers for 1989 245 from someone other than Volvo
hideogumperjr
post Feb 13 2020, 07:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 249,239
Drives: 1990 245

Hi folks, sorry if this has been covered but I've been looking for something like this and now my brain has stopped working, could be the 71 year age, bad eyes or too much acid in the 60s not sure but I apologize if its covered.

I have added another 245 to my line of Volvos since 1970 and my 122S, I've had 165, 144, 145, 240, 245 and a 960. I got rid of the 960 around 2000 or so.

But I digress, I got a 1989 245 in nice shape, body is great, motor 200k miles or so usual bushings blown out and such but still all in all I think I got a nice deal.

Front seat is ragged and I'm getting covers and the foam amended. Neither seat warmer works, got power to the plug under the seat but I figure they could be upgraded.

My question is do any of you have experience in aftermarket seat heaters as there are many generic ones on amaz and eby prices vary seems most are in the 24-27W range. Differing designs also carbon etc.

Id like to go with something new and warm in Seattle so any thoughts on them?

Thanks again.
Hideo Gumper Jr. FT
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
hideogumperjr
post Mar 4 2020, 11:11 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 249,239
Drives: 1990 245

Well, update.
I took the cushion from the passenger seat and used spray glue and an old yoga mat to repair the tears and worn parts. I took some .060 carbon steel and made my own replica lumbar repair kit, ordered some seat heaters from Amazon $50 for both seats and cut out little slots on them for the seat cover to attach. I reattached springs on the bottom of the seat and used the .060 carbon wire to brace the bottom.

I ordered a used but in good shape fabric seat cover and installed it after cleaning up and lubricating the seat brackets and I am quite pleased with the way it came out.

The lumbar works great, the seats are very solid and comfy and the seat heaters work great. The drivers seat looks really nice also.

Now I need to get a new console to mount the heater switches, I had carefully removed the old one, brittle brittle brittle. I was cleaning up the mess in the garage and put the console on my car's hood outside as I blew out dust and debris and got the blower cord stuck. I turned around to free it and accidentally blew the console off the hood and it went into multiple pieces.

Oh well that's life!

Cheers.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 240, 242, 244 & 245 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Intermittent "bulb Failure" Rear Fog Light, But Bulb Is Good/works!
2 silent-circuit 2,836 12th May 2020 - 08:34 PM
Last post by: ParyGalmer
No New Posts Instructions For Replacing Rear Wheel Bearing On 2012 S60 T6 R Design
1 zydeaner 43,317 4th April 2020 - 07:27 PM
Last post by: cuhfs1
No New Posts 240gl Wagon 88 Intermitantly Wont Start
1 19Shell 11,726 28th March 2020 - 09:54 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Installing M47 5 Speed Transmission In A 4 Speed 242
0 Ed White 4,761 30th October 2019 - 06:30 AM
Last post by: Ed White
No New Posts Intermittent Starting V40 2003
0 trish 15,062 28th October 2019 - 07:47 AM
Last post by: trish

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 5th August 2020 - 09:03 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.