Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Sensor Problems, Getting Brake, Transmission, and Overheat warnings
gpeirce
post May 5 2015, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 144,393
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60

Hello -- I'm having trouble with intermittent warnings. The warnings are "fake" -- there's nothing wrong with my brakes, transmission, or engine temperature. The brakes work fine, the transmission is fine, except it defaults to 3rd gear when the Transmission Service Required warning comes on. The engine isn't hot, either. But the fan stays on for a long time after I turn the car off.

I have had the DIM replaced with a new Volvo DIM because of these errors, and recently sent it back again, because I am still getting the same errors, and they said there was nothing wrong with the DIM. So apparently it's not the DIM.

The errors I get are:
Brake Failure Stop Safely
Engine Overheated Turn off Engine
Transmission Service Required

Also, the speedometer and tacometer go to "0" so I can't tell how fast I'm driving. The Gas guage still works through all of this.

It happened 3 weeks ago, the day after I got the car back from having the DIM checked out, on a cold frosty morning. Then it was fine for 3 weeks.

Yesterday we had a nice sunny 75 degree day, and all day, every time I would start my car, a different error (of the 3 above) would appear. Turning off the car and waiting a few minutes clears the errors temporarily, but they come right back again, whether I'm driving the car or just sitting there in "Park."

My mechanic says because the problem is intermittent he can't diagnose which sensor is causing the problem.

My question is, which sensor would trigger ALL of these behaviors to happen?

thank you!

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2009 and Below S60 Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Sensor Locations?
86 240 engine diagram/photos with noted sensors
0 Jstew3d 1,770 26th November 2020 - 02:47 PM
Last post by: Jstew3d
No New Posts Sensor On Dash
Red light
1 GO VOLVO 9,375 26th February 2019 - 11:53 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Problems Putting An '86 2.3l Into My '83 240
No spark after engine swap
0 nrcaylor 4,666 22nd July 2017 - 04:25 PM
Last post by: nrcaylor
No New Posts Problems After Drain Cleaning
Errors and door open chime
0 RosemaryB 2,077 2nd January 2016 - 05:41 PM
Last post by: RosemaryB
No New Posts Problems With Swm, Possibly?
No turn signal, no cruise control, no high beam.
8 murta 3,138 20th October 2015 - 02:16 AM
Last post by: murta

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th June 2021 - 01:25 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.