Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Front Wheel Rubbng Noise, Rubbing noise from front wheel
grendel1960
post Jul 5 2020, 07:35 AM
Post #1

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 2002 Volvo V70 D5 S

For a couple of weeks now I had been noticing a persistent rubbing noise from one front wheel of my V70 its been slowly getting worse.
So this morning I finally got round to taking the wheel off and giving it a look see.
It turned out that the rust ring on the inside of the disc was considerably wider than outside, that rust had started and due to the virus lockdown had had a chance to build to the point where normal usage didnt clear it off the disc. in fact the rubbing noise was the slowly expanding rust binding on the pad and wearing them down. I have temprorarily cured the problem using a sanding tool on a cordless multitool, taking the disc off and sanding the rust down to the level of the rest of the disc, the pads still have plenty of wear as do the discs, but if the problem returns all it will need are new discs and pads, for now the noise has disappeared, all it needs is a few hundred miles of use (normally a few days driving, but in the last 3 months working from home I have done less than 2 days worth of my normal commute.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2001-2007) V70, V70XC & XC70 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Front Axle Weird Noise/grind
5 Rudy-Dario 5,294 11th May 2020 - 12:55 PM
Last post by: Lawrie
No New Posts Noise At Acceleration
noise at shift, acceleration, deceleration
4 vbertone 9,117 29th December 2019 - 11:52 AM
Last post by: WrenchBoy
No New Posts Wheel Speed Sensor
9 malcolmtent 4,372 23rd July 2018 - 05:42 AM
Last post by: Ahmed22
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsFront Seat Stuck. Need Help!
Can't unfold the backrest to up position
8 j2007 11,509 4th June 2018 - 12:20 PM
Last post by: Mike Kelly
No New Posts Front Exhaust Pipe
3 claudeworld 1,575 8th June 2017 - 04:53 PM
Last post by: claudeworld

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th January 2021 - 08:30 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.