Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Engine Rebuilt Project ..
jaimster
post Apr 5 2021, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 249,499
Drives: 2007s40 , 2003 C70

so after long consideration and peoples's suggestions : I have decided to rebuild the engine for my 07 s40 2.4 non turbo ..engine has been removed and taken apart , I suspect had a blown head gasket , found piston seized cylinder walls have so much rust , but I believe block can be saved as it is .

for what its worth ! I have a new roommate which contends to have experience doing engines .. he is telling me just clean up the cylinders walls (hone the walls) clean pistons and other components with CHEM DIP carburator parts cleaner real good) , IF that is the case which wont require proffesionaly bore cylinders , new pistons , bearings..!!!

if the BLOCK ITS NOT so bad .. can i safely re-use everything providing i get new RINGS or should i get over size rings ? sorry just have never done a complete tear down or rebuilt - this will be my first
I think i m looking forward to the experience lol..

suggestions advise greatly appretiate it

i can also provide some pictures if any body is interested of what it looks like ??
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Engine Rebuilt Project ..
0 jaimster 55 5th April 2021 - 09:20 PM
Last post by: jaimster
No New Posts Engine Rattle On Startup
Engine rattle on startup
2 bergie 7,798 9th November 2020 - 01:53 PM
Last post by: greg.wright
No New Posts Engine Air Filter
Are these washable?
0 Cal Evans 3,056 24th September 2020 - 03:34 PM
Last post by: Cal Evans
No New Posts Engine Start And Dies Immediately
2 Junus 21,873 12th September 2019 - 07:35 AM
Last post by: Junus
No New Posts Engine Ticking
Engine Noise
5 datsun240 15,046 11th July 2019 - 12:32 AM
Last post by: mileliu

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 13th May 2021 - 04:38 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.