Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Piston Coolers, Can I replace non oil squirter motor w/ oil squirter motor?
Intercooler
post Apr 21 2021, 07:24 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 252,855
Drives: 1990 760 Turbo Wagon 2.3 ltr

I am getting conflicting opinions about whether or not there will be rejection issues caused by the electronic or computer systems in my 1990 760 Turbo wagon 2.3 ltr if I install a used b230ft w/ piston coolers, if my present engine does not have them (guessing it does not). I’ve been told that 93 and later likely have squirters and I’d like to try them if I don’t have now (my 430,000 mile engine needs a rebuild, but later as both shops on deck to do it are too busy now), but a tech at a local (Gary Rondo’s former shop, who worked for Volvo for 23 years) said there could likely be issues w/ “fuel delivery or the engine management system”, but also confirmed that motors were just pulled off a rack to install at the factory w/ no mind or system whether they were squirters or not, and since those cars were otherwise identical, I‘d think that there should be no issues if I seek out or end up w/ a squirter. Would anyone agree (before I buy a motor)?

Seems there is no downside to squirters, since if they clog, it’s just as if you simply don’t have them (but I was told regular 3k Mile oil changes should prevent clogging)

I’ve also read that motors can last longer w/ squirters, but this same tech also pointed out he’s seen non- squirters running fine w/ 700k miles on them, just need to change oil every 3500 miles max..

Besides longer life, I’ve also read squirters can be quieter (reduced piston slap or diesel type racket, which my motor has had for 15 years and ran fine despite until last November when cylinder 1 compression dropped to 10 lbs thus the need for rebuild, though other 3 at 150 lbs) ?

Can anyone also confirm these two points, as well as answer my first question about compatibility ? Thank you..
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 740 & 760 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Piston Pits And Gouges
cylinder head gasket job
2 seabaldy 1,362 22nd October 2006 - 01:49 AM
Last post by: seabaldy

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 9th May 2021 - 09:03 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.