Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Replacing The Standard Speakers On S80
post Apr 16 2006, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,959

Hi there, just joined the forum today, I bought an 2001 S80 SE a couple of weeks ago.

Love the car, and the standard stereo and speakers are good, but I'm finding that the bass and treble seem to be struggling...

Does anyone have advice/experience in upgrading the speakers? I'm happy with the head unit, but if I need to replace that too let me know.

I'm also thinking of installing a hands free carphone cradle, can anyone recommend a good installer in London?

Thanks everyone, :thumbsup:
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Auckland
post Apr 17 2006, 07:17 AM
Post #2

Veteran

Member No.: 2,310
Drives: 1999 S80

:cat: Hi there akashic.

The S80 can be supplied with its own Volvo car phone. The speaker is in your driver's head rest, the dial touch/number pad is inserted on the dash, the private conversation hand piece is installed in your arm-rest, the microphone is installed in your rear vision mirror. The unit itself is installed in the boot.

Very useful tool. Very useful accessory. Very cool.

That's about all from me.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cheers :right:

QuoteReply
birdman_s80
post Apr 25 2006, 09:28 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,126
Drives: 2000 S80 t6

I recently replaced my rear speakers with stronger more powerful speakers. I had to do this since I replaced my stereo with a much more powerful Kenwood unit that blows the Volvo 90w speakers very quickly. The rear speakers in the S80 are 8 inch speakers and you wonít find them in most car stereo shops. However, you can find many models built for home theater applications so I purchased two 8 inch ceiling mounted home theater speakers, with 150w power capacity, removed them from the plastic grills and screwed them into the plastic Volvo brackets. Spliced the wires and put it all back together. You canít see any change but you sure can hear the difference.

QuoteReply
post Apr 27 2006, 05:24 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 14,130

i got the parrot ck100 bluetooth car kit in my s80. £170 fitted at your door. Works very well. Take a look.

QuoteReply
post Sep 1 2006, 12:42 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,572

hi - where did you get the kit from?

david

QuoteReply
post Sep 1 2006, 05:07 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 14,130

CK3100

Thats where i got mine from, its a little bit cheaper now, £160 including fitting. My fitting was done very professionally, you can't even tell the guy took the dash apart, no rattles or squeaks. They can put the screen anywhere you want it too, mine is just below the centre air vents.

You may also want to ask them about having it come through the car stereo speakers for which you will have to buy another cable (£10) but its worth it. Before you buy it email them and ask what exactly is in their kit and what else you may need to achieve what you want.

Hope it helps

QuoteReply
Phillip2Costa
post Mar 14 2020, 12:34 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 244,859
Drives: 2017 noah

QUOTE (akashic @ Apr 16 2006, 06:22 PM)
Hi there, just joined the forum today, I bought an 2001 S80 SE a couple of weeks ago.

Love the car, and the standard stereo and speakers are good, but I'm finding that the bass and treble seem to be struggling...

Does anyone have advice/experience in upgrading the in wall home theater speakers? I'm happy with the head unit, but if I need to replace that too let me know.

I'm also thinking of installing a hands free carphone cradle, can anyone recommend a good installer in London?

Thanks everyone, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

This can only happen if you bring in a specialized audio speaker. You definitely need some appropriate guidance to this end.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 1G (1998-2006) S80 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsReplacing 3rd Brake Light (third Brake Light, Center Brake Light)
0 DrLeadBasedPaint 185 22nd May 2020 - 02:27 PM
Last post by: DrLeadBasedPaint
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsReplacing Exhaust Manifold - 72 1800es
2 volvopuppy 40,738 1st May 2020 - 06:27 PM
Last post by: volvopuppy
No New Posts S80 Clicking After Shut Off?
Clicking in engine bay
0 cricket1962 7,035 4th September 2019 - 06:14 PM
Last post by: cricket1962
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsOn-board Diagnostics 2 (obd Ii)
Learn about it...
24 ampangbear 72,962 17th July 2019 - 01:59 AM
Last post by: Fanny565
No New Posts On Call App
Remote Start
1 LLCTwelve 2,762 25th February 2019 - 11:40 AM
Last post by: S40 in Fla

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 3rd June 2020 - 11:01 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.