Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Bluetooth Voice Command Problem
ptrosko
post Apr 11 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 87,987
Drives: 2006 XC90

Hello! First, about me - I just purchased my second Volvo last week - a used 2006 XC90 2.5t Certified used from a Volvo dealer. It has 53,000 miles on it and I spent 5 months trying to locate the color combination of Ice White exterior and Graphite (black) interior. I found 4 others but they were not well taken care of or had extensive miles on them. My older car was the 1996 850 GLT wagon (White with black leather) and I loved it - it had over 250k miles on it and still runs! (right now it is parked in my driveway until I bear with the emotion of selling it)

My question is this: in the XC90, I have the factory installed bluetooth and it works well.... EXCEPT: the voice command feature - It does not understand my "YES" no matter how loud I say it, no matter how many different ways I say it, if I say it softly, slowly, fast, in French or even in Latin... It is as if it does not hear me. It hears all the other commands, (though "speed dial" is sometimes confused with "redial" It is very frustrating!!!

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the bluetooth to understand my "YES" commands?

Thanks!
Paul
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
ptrosko
post Apr 11 2011, 10:02 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 87,987
Drives: 2006 XC90

Oh, I forgot to mention that I searched the forum and could not find that anyone else has had the same problem, if I missed the topic previously discussed, I apologize in advance...

QuoteReply
Roman5Reigns
post Oct 11 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 244,609
Drives: Null

QUOTE (ptrosko @ Apr 11 2011, 11:00 AM)
Hello! First, about me - I just purchased my second Volvo last week - a used 2006 XC90 2.5t Certified used from a Volvo dealer. It has 53,000 miles on it and I spent 5 months trying to locate the color combination of Ice White exterior and Graphite (black) interior. I found 4 others but they were not well taken care of or had extensive miles on them. My older car was the 1996 850 GLT wagon (White with black leather) and I loved it - it had over 250k miles on it and still runs! (right now it is parked in my driveway until I bear with the emotion of selling it)

My question is this: in the XC90, I have the factory installed bluetooth and it works well.... EXCEPT: the voice command feature - It does not understand my "YES" no matter how loud I say it, no matter how many different ways I say it, if I say it softly, slowly, fast, in French or even in Latin... It is as if it does not hear me. It hears all the other commands, (though "speed dial" is sometimes confused with "redial" It is very frustrating!!!

Does anyone have any ideas how to get the bluetooth to understand my "YES" commands?

Thanks!
Paul

Thanks for the post, It does not understand my "YES" no matter how loud I say it, no matter how many different ways I say it, if I say it softly, slowly, fast, in French or even in Latin..

QuoteReply
Emna Sophia
post Mar 18 2019, 05:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 245,787
Drives: Benz

The car's BT profile and your Turbo's BT profile aren't talking to each other properly. Remember, BT is still a moving target, what worked on the phones they tried t on when they designed the radio may not work on all phones. And when there's an update to the radio it may work fine on your phone and stop working on your wife's phone.

You can make calls in the car, using the car's audio system. Some people can't. So you're at least mostly ahead of the situation.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Car Audio, Video & Electronics Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Problem With Rse On My Xc60 2015
1 Milance 16,335 19th April 2020 - 04:55 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Bluetooth Or Aux In Volvo S40 (2005)
0 Bjarne Nielsen 1,412 10th September 2018 - 01:44 PM
Last post by: Bjarne Nielsen
No New Posts Problem's Playing Burnt Cd's On Hu-650 Stereo
Problem's playing burnt CD's on HU-650 s
12 Hokie28drg 11,962 23rd April 2018 - 01:29 PM
Last post by: StupidS80
No New Posts Problems Putting An '86 2.3l Into My '83 240
No spark after engine swap
0 nrcaylor 3,211 22nd July 2017 - 04:25 PM
Last post by: nrcaylor
No New Posts Bluetooth Call Volume
1 tallyc70 5,352 15th February 2017 - 02:43 AM
Last post by: ultimatetechnews

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 3rd July 2020 - 05:13 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.