Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Orange Emissions Light Stays On, Emission System Light
Anthony Putter
post Jun 19 2019, 12:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 247,109
Drives: 2009 Volvo S40 2.0i (Facelift)

My son took my Volvo to the carwash, but when he returned this orange Emissions System light stayed on. There is nothing mechanically wrong with the car and everything seems to works fine. I've seen somewhere to unplug the battery and plug it in again after about 30 seconds. The problem is that this did not help as the orange light remains on while idling and/or driving.
The other problem is that I've noticed that the driver's and the front passenger's power window does not go Auto down or Auto up. The 2 rear windows still do. I even used the remote fog to auto down the windows, but only the 2 rears ones do go down and up with the remote fog. I took the car to a friend's business to check the diagnostic (OBD) and according to his OBD-II reader & scanner, there are NO error or faults. Will the orange Emission System light goes out after a while and the auto front windows rectify itself with the computer system because I unplug the battery?

This is the 1st time that this orange light stays on while driving and/or the auto windows give trouble since I bought this car new end of 2009. My odo (km) reading on this vehicle is only 129 000km (80 000 miles) and I had the 7 year maintenance & service plan and even service the vehicle every year even only doing between 1700km - 2200km (1056-1367 miles) per year as I'm using my SUV more often.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLights Dimming, New Battery Drained
10 claudeworld 7,136 23rd January 2020 - 02:24 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Lights Dimming
4 claudeworld 3,738 29th December 2019 - 01:10 AM
Last post by: grendel1960
No new Pinned: Topic has attachmentsOn-board Diagnostics 2 (obd Ii)
Learn about it...
24 ampangbear 78,055 17th July 2019 - 01:59 AM
Last post by: Fanny565
No New Posts On Call App
Remote Start
1 LLCTwelve 5,157 25th February 2019 - 11:40 AM
Last post by: S40 in Fla
No New Posts Stays In Limp Mode Till Engine At Normal Operating Temp
0 gbp 1,476 9th May 2016 - 02:03 PM
Last post by: gbp

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th January 2021 - 08:08 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.