Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Dual Problem Locks/external Temp, Door Locks/External Temp
Platypup
post Jan 16 2012, 06:35 PM
Post #21

Senior

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,285
Drives: Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Toyota RAV4, MG TC, Jaguar E-type

Adonis, your problem seems to be in the lock itself, not the electrical connections to the door and therefore is more difficult to fix. The following link will take you to posts in this forum where others have had a similar problem to yourself. Unfortunately the fix seems a bit drastic, involving breaking the old lock mechanism to remove and replace it!

https://www.volvo-forums.com/index.php?show...mp;hl=door+lock

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
mtantawi
post Nov 30 2013, 06:31 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 124,321
Drives: 2006 Volvo S50 1.6

Guys, i have a major problem that the door is locked and it doesn't open, please somebody help me..i have the same problem but i cant reach the connector

QuoteReply
Sjama
post Apr 1 2016, 07:51 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 174,905
Drives: s40

QUOTE (adonis @ Jan 16 2012, 09:40 AM)
I have a similar, with an extra degree of difficulty. The passenger door is locked
and it is virtually impossible to unlock it. I can lock/unlock all doors except the passenger.
I have also been unable to open the door by pulling on the handle (which pops the pin) but the
door remains locked. And there is no way to take the panel off with the door closed.
Any ideas ?

And yes, I have tried pulling twice on the inside handle, pulling it while standing on my head,
tapping the door, banging on the door, with and without pleasantries for volvo etc etc...

I manage to pull the panel half the way out with the door shut...but I will somehow have
to remove it completely, then remove the metal plate, then the lock...this is a job and a half
but the dealler here in the France had given me an estimate for $600 to replace the module..
(btw I found the module + window motor for $40 on ebay )...
And we all know this is not the problem, but hey, he can shutgun it at my own expense...

Hi everyone,

My front passenger door doesn't open at all, from inside, outside or with fob. Volvo dealer is telling they need to do diagnostics at 100 first then let me know what is wrong with it.
The central locking mechanism is not working for that door only.
anyone got a solution?

cheers

QuoteReply
HMAR
post Dec 15 2017, 01:02 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 235,001
Drives: V50

- 7 to - 27 degrees centigrade is displayed as the outside temperature. Have replaced the sensor, but still gives wildly incorrect temperature reading. Anyone know the cure?

QuoteReply
Platypup
post Dec 16 2017, 01:15 AM
Post #25

Senior

Member No.: 24,285
Drives: Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Toyota RAV4, MG TC, Jaguar E-type

The most common cause of incorrect outside temperature readings is corrosion and thereby poor electrical contact in the connector at the front of the door. The fix for this is found earlier in this particular forum discussion and elsewhere in this forum. Look for the link to the Volvo service bulletin describing the problem and the fix. For those in the hotter parts of the world the incorrect low reading from the outside temperature sensor will also prevent the air-conditioner from engaging.

QuoteReply
Orfeous
post Jun 3 2020, 06:10 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 89,077
Drives: 2006 Volvo S40

I grease my connectors once in a while when the temperature starts to missbehave.
Got the A-pillar grease fix back in 2007 om warranty. Stopped working some years later and i fixed it again with oxide cleaning and regreasing.

Really annoying.
The root cause in my case was water entering side mirror and water got in to the DDM via cable harness. Fully corroded connector. The green gold was there (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Changing connectors/harnesses in my case should permanent fix it. But its a really expansive repair at the OEM volvo stealer.
Theres a few ones that done it there self. But have not found a guide on youtube.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Problem With Rse On My Xc60 2015
1 Milance 16,526 19th April 2020 - 04:55 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Problem's Playing Burnt Cd's On Hu-650 Stereo
Problem's playing burnt CD's on HU-650 s
12 Hokie28drg 12,029 23rd April 2018 - 01:29 PM
Last post by: StupidS80
No New Posts Problems Putting An '86 2.3l Into My '83 240
No spark after engine swap
0 nrcaylor 3,287 22nd July 2017 - 04:25 PM
Last post by: nrcaylor
No New Posts Problem With Radio
1 tofinis 2,103 8th November 2016 - 09:05 PM
No New Posts Problem With 2002 Volvo S80 T6?
1 qingqin 1,385 1st September 2016 - 02:59 AM

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 15th July 2020 - 07:04 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.