Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Wet Rear Carpets
Hobbit31
post Aug 21 2018, 02:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 244,141
Drives: C30 D2

Hello all, I'm new to this forum and would like some help advice to an issue I have with my C30. Noticed last year that the rear carpets were wet, especially after driving in rain, had a look on various forums and there were similar complaints but with all different possibilities. I replaced the windscreen and with the good spell of weather weve had it seemed to cure the problem, but alas after a few weeks of good old Scottish rain the carpets are soaked again grrrrr. I don't have a sunroof so this rules out drain tube blockages etc, the amount of water that the carpets are holding is excessive so a door seal issue could be possible yeah? would appreciate any help on getting to the bottom of this problem as the car stinks of damp. cheers
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Platypup
post Aug 22 2018, 01:01 AM
Post #2

Senior

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,285
Drives: Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Toyota RAV4, MG TC, Jaguar E-type

This is a common problem as can be seen in the following link to elsewhere in this forum. It is usually associated with blockage in the sunroof drainage hoses but also from the air-conditioner tray drainage hose coming out of place as detailed on page 2 of the link. Unfortunately further links and photos on this old forum entry are no longer valid. Presumably you have been using the a/c in the wet weather to defog the windows and the condensation from the cold a/c coils has run inside and out the vents under the front seats instead of draining under the car. From memory this hose runs down under the carpet on the right side of the transmission hump.

https://www.volvo-forums.com/index.php?show...arpets&st=0
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo C30 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Rear Fog Light Question
When does it work?
0 tamworth Mike 219 31st August 2020 - 02:57 PM
Last post by: tamworth Mike
No New Posts Wet Drivers Carpet
3 wellskint 77,506 30th January 2020 - 02:06 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Rear Hatch Strut Mount Boke Off
2 nnatic 3,655 25th August 2019 - 10:15 AM
Last post by: Bindu
No New Posts Rear Seat Headrests 1993 245 Wagon
0 mtchickadee 15,066 18th March 2019 - 12:02 PM
Last post by: mtchickadee
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsRear Seat Headrests 1993 245 Wagon
0 mtchickadee 2,839 18th March 2019 - 11:56 AM
Last post by: mtchickadee

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th October 2020 - 12:49 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.