Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Dpf Sensor Or Filter?, 2011 1.6D DPF issue - narrowed down but need input please
goltho
post Mar 4 2021, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 252,473
Drives: Volvo V50 1.6 DRIVe D4164T 2011

2011 V50 1.6 DRIVe D4164T

This car is new to one daughter. I went with her to check it over and negotiate around 2 months ago. The abridged version is that it had an empty Eolys tank and some other issues e.g.glow plugs which I sorted out and cleared all DTCS with Vida Dice. I reprimed and reset the additive tank and ran a manual regen which failed to complete, and showed a Particulate Trap - Faulty Signal error. It subsequently went into limp mode which cleared on the next start cycle. This continued for a week or so before I got the car back to look at again.

After clearing the code again, it changed to Particulate Trap - Blocked and consequently would not run the forced regen. I suspected the DPF sensor although it appeared to be functioning correctly albeit somewhat high. I replaced it with an aftermarket one which the car didn't much like (see chart below) and subsequently replaced that one with another "OEM" one which behaved identically (I don't believe it is in fact OEM).

I've checked voltages and pressures and listed them on this pic below:

Attached File  11E238E0_9627_4F26_91BF_004DC79E7174.jpeg ( 97.03K ) Number of downloads: 1

Typical signal sensor voltages apparently should be :
Key on engine off 0.5v plausibility voltage.
Idle 1-2v
Full acceleration 1-2v
Readings getting above 2v are now detecting soot accumulation

So by all accounts, the existing sensor seems reasonable, and does appear to work consistently when monitoring in Vida. The flow from the 8mm hose into the sensor feels reasonably good but I don't have a vacuum gauge to check it. I can't speak for the 6mm return hose though. To my mind, it's all pointing to the DPF itself.

Opinions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo V50 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Sensor Locations?
86 240 engine diagram/photos with noted sensors
0 Jstew3d 1,446 26th November 2020 - 02:47 PM
Last post by: Jstew3d
No New Posts Orange Emissions Light Stays On
Emission System Light
0 Anthony Putter 5,841 19th June 2019 - 12:57 PM
Last post by: Anthony Putter
No New Posts Sensor On Dash
Red light
1 GO VOLVO 9,048 26th February 2019 - 11:53 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts Sensor Problems
Getting Brake, Transmission, and Overheat warnings
0 gpeirce 3,157 5th May 2015 - 11:24 AM
Last post by: gpeirce
No New Posts Original Launch X431 Idiag Auto Diag Scanner For Mini Ipad Multi-languages
0 esldomino 2,325 25th March 2015 - 08:53 PM
Last post by: esldomino

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="https://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 14th April 2021 - 08:55 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.