Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Problematic Lights, Front lights only work on "0" mode
petertjeehh
post Aug 29 2016, 04:42 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 191,130
Drives: 1999 Volvo S40 1.8

This post is pretty much a request for help from a wide group of people who know Volvo's:

Problem:
The head lights on my 1999 Volvo S40 1.8 only work when the lightswitch is set to the "0" position.
The second position is the side lights, the third normal lights. These both do nothing with the front head lights anymore, side lights work and in all 3 positions the led below the lightswitch is green.

Extended info:
- About 2 weeks ago I noticed that I couldn't 'lock' the indicator switch towards me to lock the big beam (idk the English word for it) into place. The lights work, but I have to keep pulling the lever towards me, can't lock into place.
- About 1 week ago I discovered when parking my Volvo (in daylight) that the front headlights were not on > When I swiched the lightswitch to '0' they went on, the other 2 settings do nothing with the headlights.
- Tonight I came to my parked Volvo and the taillights were on. (not sure if it was the brakes or normal taillights)
fortunately it didn't drain my battery.

I'm going to bring my Volvo to a mechanic which repairs cars next to his job as service engineer of pneumatic car tools.
Untill he gets his hands on my car, I'd like to know if this problem has occurred to one of the persons reading my topic and if there are any solutions/tips/etc.

If you need any more info, please ask.

Thank you in advance, cheers!

Attached File  IMG_6897.JPG ( 53.62K ) Number of downloads: 1

This post has been edited by petertjeehh: Aug 29 2016, 04:46 PM
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 1G (1995-2004) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Lights Won't Light But Sometimes Do?
problem with front passenger side marker lights xc70
4 MJay 1,620 19th December 2011 - 09:07 AM
Last post by: himinimalz
No New Posts Lights For Volvo S60
2 Oz1984 2,531 15th November 2011 - 12:32 PM
Last post by: Oz1984
No New Posts Lights On Volvo 850 Se Estate (1995 - M Reg)
Press clutch and brake lights come on !
3 dj124 1,106 10th September 2011 - 01:21 AM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsProblematic Seat Belt Retractor
2 Jesse_ 2,119 19th July 2011 - 11:56 PM
Last post by: Jesse_
No New Posts Lights On Dash Behind Heated Seats, And Heater.
2 daleb 468 19th January 2011 - 09:31 PM
Last post by: midnightS60T5

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 20th February 2017 - 08:27 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.

Privacy Statement