Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Volvo Bluetooth, Staying connected
Kameron
post Oct 18 2005, 10:17 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,537
Drives: XC90 T6 AWD

I recently purchased and installed the Volvo bluetooth kit - http://www.volvocars.us/VolvoOwnership/Acc...e_bluetooth.htm - in my 2005 XC90.

I know this is a fairly new product cuz I am in the first customer in my dealership to have this installed. In fact, I had to give them the above link so they could order the right parts.

In any case, I am wondering if anyone else have tried this. I have tried two phones - Blackberry 7100g and Palm Treo 650. Both establish the connection with the kit but the Treo won't stay connected, meaning I can't make a call with it. I am trying to determine if the problem is on the kit or on the phone.

Let me know if anyone has any experience on this, thanks!

Kameron
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
~erik~
post Oct 24 2005, 02:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,354
Drives: several Volvos

This might help:

https://tcg.motorola.com/global/volvo/docs/...lity_matrix.pdf

Regards,

~erik~

PS - and/or phone 1.877.668.6246

QuoteReply
Kameron
post Oct 25 2005, 10:26 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 3,537
Drives: XC90 T6 AWD

Thanks for the info! I am assuming the Volvo bluetooth kit is the same as IHF1000.

While the Palm Treo 650 is not listed on the chart, I'm assuming it has a compatibility issue with Feature Number 11 - "Making a call using phone voice tags." Looks like the Treo 650 can pair, answer, etc with the car kit, it just can use the voice tag features.

Is this a fixable issue via a future patch or update? If so, would it require updating the Treo or the car kit or both?

Thanks!
Kameron

QuoteReply
stevehess
post Nov 1 2005, 12:49 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 8,142
Drives: XC90

I have a Treo650 which I use with a Jabra 250 earpiece. It is much less reliable than the Motorola phone I used previously. It disconnects or i have to hit the button twice. In any case, I suspect the Treo blue tooth is the culprit and not the car adapter.

QuoteReply
mbolt
post Nov 3 2005, 02:02 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,502
Drives: 2004 XC90

I'm looking at installing this kit in my '04. Can you tell me if it's possible to play MP3s, if the quality is good (enough) and if it receive in stereo?

Thanks

QuoteReply
~erik~
post Nov 9 2005, 09:46 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 8,354
Drives: several Volvos

I'm looking at installing this kit in my '04. Can you tell me if it's possible to play MP3s, if the quality is good (enough) and if it receive in stereo?

The Bluetooth kit is to enable hands free phone useage with a Bluetooth enabled phone. I think you're thinking of the iPod adapter.

Currently that adapter is available for the S60, S80, and V70 that does not use the fiber optic audio system of the XC90 and S40/V50. An iPod adapter for the XC90 should be available soon, but will utilize an FM transmitter and will be for iPods. Generic MP3 players would only work if they use the same plug as the iPod.

~erik~

QuoteReply
legnilmj
post Dec 27 2005, 11:44 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 10,193
Drives: 2006 Volvo V50 AWD

I have the same problem - i have a verizon palm treo 650 and a Volvo dealer installed bluetooth kit into my 2006 V50. I can pair the phone and receive incoming calls, but when I make outgoing calls, the system disconnects the call and I hear 'call ended.' I had a second bluetooth system installed by the Volvo dealer, who thought it was a faulty bluetooth - same problem exists. I was then told by Palm to download a patch from the palm website to upgrade my OS on the Treo from 1.01 to the current OS 1.04, which i did as well. This did not fix the problem. Only after all of this did Volvo give me a chart which shows BT enabled phones that MAY be compatible. the Treo 650 is not on this list. Volvo did not provide me this list at the time I purchased the car or BT. Volvo blamed verizon, who blamed Palm, who blamed Bluetooth who blamed motorola. Noone seems to know how to fix this problem. Needless to say the issue has not been resolved and Volvo has refunded my money for the purchase and install of the Bluetooth system, but left the system in my car. I will now buy one of the phones on the list, or have the system removed.

QuoteReply
dsf
post Jan 22 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 10,959
Drives: 2006 S80

I have been having the same problems. Have you been aboe to find a solution?

QuoteReply
JKBANK
post Jan 25 2006, 07:55 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 11,025
Drives: 2006 XC90 2.5 AWD

i have the same problem. when i pair my treo 650 verizon it works perfectly first time. when i re-enter the car even though the volvo sees the treo it drops all calls after 5 seconds. went to dealer, dealer blames it on treo.

QuoteReply
susan
post Feb 2 2006, 10:01 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 11,293
Drives: 2003 volvo xc 90

I just got the bluetooth installed in my xc 90...and i have a treo 650...I also can't make calls with it,...I can receive calls and make a call if i dial it from my phone (which defeats the purpose)...but every time I press the "talk" button...i hear..."set up" vs. main menu.....so this is what I did...

when i get set up i say...connect phone 1. after it's connected, i press the talk button again and it takes me to the main menu ...and i can voice activate a call....but this quite frankly is a pain and definitely 1 or 2 extra steps that i shouldn't have to make.

...any comments.
susan
p.s...when i took it back to volvo to show me how to remedy this...they said it worked fine...of course they didn't offer to use my phone...they demo'd on their phone...and it worked beautifully...it was a motorola phone.

QuoteReply
Dene
post Feb 20 2006, 11:18 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 12,001
Drives: 2006 xc90SE 163bhp

I havent installed the system in my xc yet but have askd the dealer to look into it for me. I also have a treo 650 and am now slightly reluctant to have the system installed. I'd be intersetd in finding out how you get on and if they confirm it is a software problem or if the phone is incompatible due to other resaons.
best, Dene

QuoteReply
suzygach
post Mar 10 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 12,336
Drives: XC90

I had the Bluetooth installed from the dealer after they told me my Treo 650 was compatible. Well my calls were dropped as well and the system just did not work the way it should have. The dealer informed me a week later that the Treo was NOT compatible as first thought. I had to have the system removed and my money refunded. But sadly, I have a mark on the dash board where the glue had held the system. Volvo said they tried to remove it the best way possible, but it will always remain. I really enjoyed the Bluetooth while I had it, but changing phones was not an option for me. I am now back to square one!!

QuoteReply
puckett_jw
post Mar 12 2006, 03:02 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,851
Drives: 2005 Volvo XC90 V8

I recently got a XC90 w/the BT phone adapter, and I have a Treo 650 (Software: 1.04-VZW Hardware:B). It will always work on incoming calls, but 95% of the out going drops after 5-10 seconds. Even if I reconnect, it will drop. Anyhow, I was just searching the internet for a solution & ran across this thread, so I want to post my experience in the event that Volvo/Palm would see the disappointment the connectivity.

QuoteReply
lmm1845
post Mar 29 2006, 09:51 PM
Post #14

Member No.: 13,446
Drives: Volvo XC90

Hi There...

I just purchased an XC90 and they are installing the bluetooth kit... Alas, I have a treo 650 and now I'm a bit worried.

When I looked at the compatibility chart (awesome link, by the way) -- way has been updated now to include the treo -- I noticed that the GSM phone appears to work better than the non-GSM.

SO, I have cingular GSM and was wondering if anyone had tried this out (as opposed to verizon).

Thanks!
Louise

QuoteReply
lmm1845
post Apr 3 2006, 09:18 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 13,446
Drives: Volvo XC90

Just a quick update. Picked up my volvo with the Bluetooth installed and it works perfectly with my treo 650 now. Looks like the latest software for the treo did the trick, at least for the cingular version.

Only problem I've had is that my husband, who has the exact same treo model, and I can't both be "connected" at the same time. I thought you were supposed to be able to connect multiple phones at the same time, but maybe not. So, if he wants to use his he has to say "connect phone 2" first....

Louise

QuoteReply
Ozzie
post Apr 3 2006, 10:33 AM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,265
Drives: 2005 XC70

QUOTE(lmm1845 @ Apr 3 2006, 09:18 AM)
Just a quick update.  Picked up my volvo with the Bluetooth installed and it works perfectly with my treo 650 now.  Looks like the latest software for the treo did the trick, at least for the cingular version.

Only problem I've had is that my husband, who has the exact same treo model, and I can't both be "connected" at the same time.  I thought you were supposed to be able to connect multiple phones at the same time, but maybe not.  So, if he wants to use his he has to say "connect phone 2" first....

Louise
[right][snapback]28261[/snapback][/right]

Congratulations on having a Cingular TREO 650 that works with Volvo's BT. :banana:

Cingular seems to be the way to go. My Verizon TREO 650 does not work.

What is the "latest software for the treo that did the trick"? Is this the Cingular update to 1.7 or something else?

TIA
Ozzie

QuoteReply
McMhley
post Apr 19 2006, 11:40 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 13,996
Drives: 2006 XC90

I just purchased my 2006 XC90 a month ago and had the dealer install the Bluetooth system. I have a new Sanyo/Samsum A900 phone that works fine with the car....only, I don't get any caller ID when someone calls me. I hear a ring then "Call from zero" or "Call from plus." It doesn't matter when someone is calling me from a housephone or a cell phone...same random answer. The manual says I should hear "call from <caller ID>". Anyone know if that's supposed to mean I should hear the number calling? Does this feature work or not based on whether or not the phone supports the function? Thanks. - Mark

QuoteReply
dharma
post Apr 24 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #18

Member No.: 14,106
Drives: 2006 Volvo XC 90

Why doesn't Volvo have an 800 # on the bluetooth manual? I have update my treo software and can now make outgoing calls through my phone and connect to Bluetooth BUT can't get out of the "setup" menu. Any hints on how to get to the Main Menu?

QuoteReply
Bob Lahblaw
post Aug 12 2006, 12:01 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 18,662
Drives: V70R

I have a Verizon XV6700 cell phone. It worked quite well w/ the Volvo Bluetooth kit, until I did a recent flash update for the XV6700 software (http://www.utstar.com/pcd/downloads.aspx). Now, the interface is very unreliable.

Sometimes the phone connects when I turn on the ignition. Sometimes I receive a message on the phone asking me to enter the pairing code, as if the phone had never been paired w/ the system (I have paired it several times since the upgrade of the phone software). Unfortunately, the phone won't pair at that point. I have to turn everything off (car and phone) and start again. In fact, I'm finding that everytime the connection fails, I discover that the "Volvo for life" has been deleted from my lsit of partnered blue tooth devices on the Bluetooth/Settings/Devices screen for the phone.

I have had no trouble whatsoever since the software upgrade to the phone, w/ either of the Motorola HS820 earpieces paired w/ the phone.

Sometimes the bluetooth disconnects during the drive. Anyone else having this problem? Any solutions discovered?

--BL

QuoteReply
acq3
post Aug 18 2006, 02:58 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 18,933
Drives: V70XC

I have the same problem and after talking with both Verizon and UTStar it seems to be a known issue which they can't confirm they are working on. The 'resolution' is to send your phone into UTStar to get the flash downgraded. I'm considering doing it so I'm hoping you've already found a solution you can share with me...

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Volvo?
Why Volvo?
0 supero 220 23rd September 2014 - 08:33 PM
Last post by: supero
No New Posts Volvo V40 T4 - Knob Safety Lock
5 KONE 1,403 15th September 2014 - 01:49 AM
Last post by: masud ali
No New Posts Volvo 240gl Wagon For Sale Near Perth Wa
Volvo 240GL wagon for sale near Perth WA
0 lee_ricketts1 169 6th September 2014 - 05:43 AM
Last post by: lee_ricketts1
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsVolvo 240gl Wagon For Sale
Selling 240GL
0 lee_ricketts1 321 2nd September 2014 - 10:02 AM
Last post by: lee_ricketts1
No New Posts Volvo Forum Is Boring!
not enough participation
2 supero 311 30th August 2014 - 11:30 AM
Last post by: danielm85948

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 08:34 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement