Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Reseting the Service required message.
cannatape
post Jul 2 2007, 09:22 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 29,738
Drives: S60, 2006

This procedure worked for the 2006 S60, USA (New York). Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
pdunn
post Jul 17 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 30,031
Drives: 2001 and 2002 XC70

Well yes, it is good to have an operating airbag. Except the airbag sevice light seems to come on after unplugging the heater/Fan/air con module which is generally done for things like installing a better stereo. I assume that if you reset the airbag, if there is a problem the warning should come on again. Although which I think you need to go to a dealer for an airbag reset. (XC70 anyhow I believe)

QuoteReply
CJR
post Sep 3 2007, 05:20 PM
Post #43

Member No.: 32,137
Drives: 04 S60 & 01 S40

Well that's better. Timing is everything on the S60 04. My 01 S40 wasn't as hard. Took a couple of tries but thank's to all for the info.

CJR

QuoteReply
RedSpartan
post Sep 18 2007, 11:55 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 32,528
Drives: 2001 Volvo S60

QUOTE(Tech @ Nov 6 2004, 12:15 AM)
Turn the ignition to position 1 push and hold trip reset while holding.Turn to position 2 hold trip reset till the service light flashes 3 times and then release.You should hear a beep to let you know it is reset.It might take you 2 times sometimes.If you have the message in the text window the little triangle in the center of the speedo assy. will flash.Also another trick to help you is when the milage returns the light should be reset.
[right][snapback]1033[/snapback][/right]

Followed these instructions and had success on the first try! Thanks!

QuoteReply
BAD MOFO RACING
post Dec 14 2007, 07:31 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 35,825
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60

QUOTE(ivanmarcello @ Mar 3 2005, 08:41 PM)
Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
Proceed as follows to reset the service reminder indicator (SRI):
-Ignition position I
-Press and hold in the reset button for the trip odometer
-Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.
[right][snapback]4469[/snapback][/right]

Perfect! Worked right away on my 04 S60.

Thanks

QuoteReply
istal
post Jun 29 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 44,806
Drives: 2004 Volvo S60 D5

THANX guys, it also worked for my S60 D5 2003.
Thanx again.

And all best.
Alex

QuoteReply
miriam888
post Jun 30 2008, 09:45 AM
Post #47

Member No.: 44,884
Drives: s60

My s60 is 2005 and in position 1 no lights come on until position 2, does anyone know how to turn it off in that situation. The codes that were read were p0101 and p2188. a service station turned lights off on friday and sunday they were back on. charged me $70 for nothing and would like to avoid that charge in future if possible. The checked car said all was okay. we just bought car 2 weeks ago and trying to make sure nothing really wrong it has 50,000 miles. any help appreciated.

QuoteReply
Volvoholy
post Dec 4 2008, 12:23 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 50,766
Drives: 2003 S60 2.4

Wonderful, it really works, it reset the service message. Now I have a "bulb failure position light" message and I already checked all the bulbs and changed the failure one, but the message still on. Does some body know how to rest it?
Thank you in advance

QuoteReply
Volvoholy
post Dec 4 2008, 12:32 PM
Post #49

Member No.: 50,766
Drives: 2003 S60 2.4

Wonderful, it really works, it reset the service message. Now I have a "bulb failure position light" message and I already checked all the bulbs and changed the failure one, but the message still on. Does some body know how to rest it?
Thank you in advance

QuoteReply
sportsa
post Jun 1 2009, 11:15 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 56,814
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60

QUOTE (ivanmarcello @ Mar 3 2005, 09:41 PM)
Here it is for all you guys who are proud Volvo owners s60 years 01-03 maybe newer cars too.

Resetting the Service reminder indicator (SRI), model years -2001
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The lamp remains lit for 120 seconds when the ignition is switched on.
Note! If the lamp flashes, it may be because one of the service parameters has not been programmed.
-Ignition position I
-Ignition position II
-The service reminder indicator (SRI) starts flashing when the reset button for the trip odometer has been pressed for 10 seconds
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 5 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded.
Note! If the trip meter reset button is not released within 5 seconds the indicator is not reset. However the indicator will stop flashing.

Resetting the service reminder indicator (SRI), model years 2002-
The service reminder indicator (SRI) informs the driver that it is time for the car to be serviced. The text message is displayed for 120 s each time the ignition is switched on.
-Ignition position I
-Ignition position II.
Note! Turn the key to position II within 2 seconds.
-Hold the reset button for the trip meter pressed in until the original value has been reset.
Note! For all vehicles from the 2003 model year a general yellow lamp will light when the reset button must be released.
-Release the reset button for the trip odometer within 4 seconds. The instrument gives an audible signal when resetting has succeeded
-If the trip meter is already reset the reset button should be held in for a minimum of 10 seconds and a maximum of 14 seconds.
Note! If the reset button for the trip odometer is not released within 4 seconds, the service reminder indicator (SRI) is not reset.

QuoteReply
sportsa
post Jun 1 2009, 11:22 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 56,814
Drives: 2003 Volvo S60

Tech & Ivanmarcello; You guys are the men!!!

Ivanmarcello, I tried your directions on my 2003 S60 AWD (USA Model) at 56,103 miles and it worked the first time. I am so happy I could just s--t.

Thanks guys. Keep up the good work.

Atu

QuoteReply
Phlex
post Jun 3 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #52

Member No.: 30,343
Drives: 2004 S60 2.5T AWD

Hi,

On my 04 Canadian model, the reset seem to be want to be working, as I am hearing the beep, the message disappears but then I get a 045 code and the SRI message reappears right away.

Any thoughts?
Thanks

P.S. Last year I was able to reset the code once I just don't remember how.

QuoteReply
Phlex
post Jun 3 2009, 05:53 PM
Post #53

Well after twinkling a lot with the reset this is what finally clear the code without getting the infamous "045".

1. Opened driver door and kept it open
2. Turned key on pos II
3. Pressed odometer button and held it down. (It had "00" on both T1 and T2 when I started)
4. Turned key on pos III within 2 seconds of pressing the odometer button
5. Waited until center warning triangle started flashing (about 4-5 sec)
6. After that I let go of the odometer button
7. Turned off ignition fully
8. Turned on ignition and checked that code has reset

Note,
You may have to try couple f times until you get it. The last two time I did it, I had to do it twice each time.

So I am wondering about all these variation of clearing the code. Why the many differences in steps for S60? Are these steps changed form year to year? Is this something documented by Volvo or simply discovered by us users with trial and error. My logic would dictate that within a model the steps should be identical for all years and the process described by [ivanmarcello] for instance should work for all of us. However that's not the case. What gives? Are those steps incorrect? Are my steps incorect? Then why did it clear? During these resets are we using too many steps or not enough (like keeping door open or starting from pos II and not I)? What seems to be the common denominator in all these methods?

QuoteReply
kysneed
post Aug 17 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #54

Member No.: 60,419
Drives: 2006 volvo s40

for my 2006 s40 here is what i did

set to position 1, press and hold the trip button, turn to position 2 and wait until the "I" starts blinking then release the trip button

QuoteReply
castlerock10
post Oct 3 2009, 03:01 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 62,864
Drives: 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T

QUOTE (Phlex @ Jun 3 2009, 06:53 PM)
Well after twinkling a lot with the reset this is what finally clear the code without getting the infamous "045".

1. Opened driver door and kept it open
2. Turned key on pos II
3. Pressed odometer button and held it down. (It had "00" on both T1 and T2 when I started)
4. Turned key on pos III within 2 seconds of pressing the odometer button
5. Waited until center warning triangle started flashing (about 4-5 sec)

So I am wondering about all these variation of clearing the code. Why the many differences in steps for S60? Are these steps changed form year to year? Is this something documented by Volvo or simply discovered by us users with trial and error. My logic would dictate that within a model the steps should be identical for all years and the process described by [ivanmarcello] for instance should work for all of us. However that's not the case. What gives? Are those steps incorrect? Are my steps incorect? Then why did it clear? During these resets are we using too many steps or not enough (like keeping door open or starting from pos II and not I)? What seems to be the common denominator in all these methods?

Phlex, What was step six after the "warning triangle started flashing"? Did you release the odometer reset or did you turn the key to position I or II or all the way off? BTW I have a 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T and I've tried all the other suggestions without success. I keep getting "045" displayed and then the "Time For Regular Maintenance" right after. I wanted to try yours but didn't know what to do after step 5. Thanks

QuoteReply
Phlex
post Nov 21 2009, 04:54 PM
Post #56

castlerock10,

I updated my steps above. I hope this will work for you too.

QuoteReply
brazosvalleyboy
post Mar 8 2011, 03:26 PM
Post #57

Member No.: 86,563
Drives: 2008 Volvo S60 T2.5

Using the procedure from Phlex...

After trying several suggestions I tried this and it worked!

1. Opened driver door and kept it open.
2. Turned key on position II.
3. Pressed odometer button and held it down. (It had some mileage on both T1 and T2 when I started don't know if this makes a difference.)
4. Turned key on position III within 2 seconds of pressing the odometer button.
5. Waited until center warning triangle started flashing (about 4-5 sec).
6. After that I let go of the odometer button.
7. Turned off ignition fully.
8. Turned on ignition and checked that code has reset.

I think the trick is to WAIT until the warning triangle begins flashing. I did the second time I tried this and it reset. 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T

QuoteReply
bror40
post May 26 2011, 09:25 AM
Post #58

Member No.: 89,943
Drives: 2004 s60

QUOTE (mosst5 @ Oct 18 2004, 01:12 PM)
I called my dealership and spoke to a service consultant regarding the same issue. I was told to turn the ignition switch to position 1 and hold the trip odometer untill the service light blinked. At that point I was told to turn the ignition switch off.

Results: I reset the trip odometer (light remains).

I'm with you hear. If anyone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

It worked on my s60 2004 mod.
Great post.
Thx.
bror

QuoteReply
cpjisaac
post Jun 28 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 91,222
Drives: 2002 S60

I tried to reset the service light-did not get it to work and now th eradio randomly changes stations. I was going to try the reset again, but any ideas on what happened with radio with this trick?

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2009 and Below S60 Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsThe Modified Volvo Thread
Pics of the best modded swedes
4 benaaron87 274 21st February 2014 - 01:25 AM
Last post by: TylerFunnell
No New Posts Service Reminder Message
0 dr.andre 186 16th February 2014 - 04:08 AM
Last post by: dr.andre
No New Posts Thermostat Replacement ... Need Whole Assembly?
1 dongo 262 10th December 2013 - 02:34 PM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts The Art Of Auto Detailing (part 2)
0 CarID 153 23rd August 2013 - 10:16 AM
Last post by: CarID
No New Posts The Art Of Auto Detailing (part 1)
0 CarID 249 9th August 2013 - 09:25 AM
Last post by: CarID

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 24th April 2014 - 12:30 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement