Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Anyone With 2005 And Up S40/v5 Xc90 Xc60 With A Sunroof - Read This
Metastable
post Sep 18 2011, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 90,934
Drives: S40

These particular models that I have heard of the Sunroof drain issue.

This is just a suggestion, but if I were you, I'd modify the elbows by cutting off their X shaped ends and gluing the tube coming from the sunroof drain to the top of the elbow. On the S40/V50 it is a complete PIA to do, but it is a LOT LESS of a PIA than to take out your carpets and dry them.... which is what I just finished doing. I don't know what the space is like on the XC models... hopefully you have more hand room.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, it is very easy for and "elbow" shaped piece that connects the sunroof drain hose to the "exterior" of the car, to get clogged at the end... then the water backs up and pops the drain hose off = drain hose draining inside your car = a TON of water in the front or rear foot well, usually noticed in the rear (lowest point).

For those who have had this happen.... if you think your carpets are dry and you haven't actually taken them out, think again. After fixing my leak at the start of summer, there was still a ton of water under the carpets.... even though they seemed dry on top. And that was after months of me trying to lift the rear portion of the carpets and using fans to help dry things up. I took everything out and let them dry in the sun... it wasn't going do try in my car. There is a plastic film under the carpet and a thick foam underneath. Air just doesn't get under there.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Read more about the S40/V50 problems here:
http://www.volvo-forums.com/index.php?show...p;hl=wet+carpet
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest General Volvo Non-Model Specific Discussion Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Xc90 2008 Good Choice?
Looking to buy XC90 2008
0 al_toengi 50 20th July 2014 - 12:30 PM
Last post by: al_toengi
No New Posts 2005 S80 2.5t - Oil Recommendation?
0 gvsu4msu 50 15th July 2014 - 12:55 PM
Last post by: gvsu4msu
No New Posts Anyone From Melbourne
S40's
7 PLANT 2,540 25th June 2014 - 06:37 AM
Last post by: bubblecup
No New Posts Upgrading 2004 Xc90 Single Cd To Multi Cd?
0 bigbruggsy 59 18th June 2014 - 12:30 AM
Last post by: bigbruggsy
No New Posts 2005 Xc70 Awd -- Extended Maintenance Needed?
Help me decide whether to get an extended maintenance contract!
2 Seabiscute 115 20th May 2014 - 02:43 PM
Last post by: Seabiscute

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 26th July 2014 - 02:06 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement