Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Paint Code Location
mahutga4
post Sep 17 2011, 07:02 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,457
Drives: 2004 Volvo S40

Hi. I have a 2006 S40 T5. Does anyone know where to find the color code? I've looked at the driver's side strut tower (I think) and just about anywhere else I can see in the engine bay, but can't find the stupid label at all.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
mahutga4
post Sep 19 2011, 12:17 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 95,457
Drives: 2004 Volvo S40

HI All.

Okay, I found an answer to my own question. This is important for those inevitable nicks and dings we get in our Volvos. At least for the 2006, the many diagrams one can find online that purport to give the location of the paint code are incorrect. The code is listed on a large black and white sticker on the door frame of the rear passenger side door, by the hinge. It's a five digit code with three numbers separated by a hyphen. The paint code is the first three numbers (mine is 426). Hope this helps someone else someday!

Matthew

QuoteReply
Jonathan123
post Oct 28 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 53,584
Drives: 2006 S60 2.4T

QUOTE (mahutga4 @ Sep 19 2011, 01:17 PM)
HI All.

Okay, I found an answer to my own question. This is important for those inevitable nicks and dings we get in our Volvos. At least for the 2006, the many diagrams one can find online that purport to give the location of the paint code are incorrect. The code is listed on a large black and white sticker on the door frame of the rear passenger side door, by the hinge. It's a five digit code with three numbers separated by a hyphen. The paint code is the first three numbers (mine is 426). Hope this helps someone else someday!

Matthew

Thank you very much Matthew. I went outside and looked under my good a few times, about 20 minutes total trying to find that darn thing. Sure enough on my 2006 S60 it's right there on the rear passenger side door frame.

Thanks,
Jon

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsPainted
0 7ven 347 18th September 2013 - 07:35 AM
Last post by: 7ven
No New Posts Code P1352
2 josephinJT 849 9th November 2012 - 02:10 PM
Last post by: josephinJT
No New Posts Code Reader To Diagnose Intermittent A/c Blower?
I am in Phoenix - anyone know of a auto parts place that can help me?
9 Mulvas Vulva 1,954 26th October 2012 - 03:22 PM
Last post by: Mulvas Vulva
No New Posts Paint Suggestions
Share your bodywork voodoo magic.
1 drewdle 341 20th September 2012 - 04:07 PM
Last post by: drewdle
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsLocation Of Keyless Entry Receiver?
18 xallenx 3,773 3rd August 2012 - 07:02 PM
Last post by: Volvo wagon fan

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 2nd August 2014 - 03:34 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement