Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> V70 Hu 613 Radio Wiring, Need hu 613 power connector pinouts
Cowboybob
post Sep 16 2011, 04:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 95,372
Drives: 1996 850, 2001 V70xc Volvos, 1974 Corvette

The radio in our 2001 V70xc (an HU-613 model) died. All radio functions quit, except the CD will still accept cds, and eject them.
I replaced it with an ebay used unit that worked for 3 days, but it quit as well. Only difference is that if I repeatedly press the power/volume knob, I occasionally get a normal "CD" with "TRK01" LED display for up to 1 second, and then it disappears.
Notably, if I rotate the MODE knob while furiously hitting the power knob, the unit's display does change, i.e., "Tape", or 'FM", or "AM" briefly are displayed.
I could really use a pinout list for the radio's connectors or, better yet, a wiring diagram for the car's link to the radio.
Best would be a schematic for the HU 613 (not very likely, I'm sure).
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
rgoff
post Nov 3 2011, 08:18 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 97,836
Drives: 2001 Volvo V70 T5

Cowboybob,

I recently purchased a 2001 Volvo V70, and was looking around online for wiring diagrams. You might try looking in here:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/volvo-wiring-diagrams

I think this PDF has the wiring diagrams for our V70s:

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/downloads...01_Late_V70.pdf

Let me know if that helps!

- RG

QuoteReply
Cowboybob
post Nov 4 2011, 07:26 AM
Post #3

RG,

Thanks, man. Exactly what I needed! I'm an old STM (shade tree mechanic) and REALLY hate paying for Volvo dealer's (or any other mechanic's) repairs. And forget getting any useful info from either of them.

The used unit ($42) I got off ebay from Discount OEM Radios. They've gotten bad reviews, but I've found them to be most helpful. TAs I said, the first radio they sent died. I called them and they dropped shipped another one (at no cost) which is working just fine. They both arrived in pristine condition.

The local Volvo dealer insisted I needed to use them to "program" the radio, after saying I COULD NOT use a used radio as they were only good for the original car (utter BS). Unlike my 850's radio that requires a security code (found by way of the VIN), the V70 has no such code requirement. It does need programming (for a mere $150 !!)to get the steering wheel controls to sync up ( a CAN issue) but I couldn't care less about that. I actually like their being disabled as I often hit them by accident, thus changing volume or station (and thereby annoying my wife...).

Again, Thanks. You've been a big help. As the V70 has >270k miles, I anticipate further malfunctions down the road. But what a great car. I call it my "Road Yacht".

Paul

QuoteReply
Cowboybob
post Feb 16 2012, 10:30 AM
Post #4

My H-613 is still playing the same trick.

The wiring diagram linked by rgoff is most useful, but apparently wiring is not the problem.

Anybody have any clues??

Thanks in advance.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Car Audio, Video & Electronics Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsRadio Wires Messed Up
2 nicolie 62 17th July 2014 - 03:00 AM
Last post by: nicolie
No New Posts V70 Engine Stalling ?
3 Ditterb 1,075 31st March 2014 - 04:13 PM
Last post by: bajanetix
No New Posts Radio Problem V50
0 volvov50chris 411 5th March 2014 - 04:10 PM
Last post by: volvov50chris
No New Posts Radio Repair
Premium Sound Presets not working
3 KJay 469 9th February 2014 - 05:45 PM
Last post by: KJay
No New Posts Huge Insurance Savings For Volvo Drivers From Liberty Mutual
0 steingoldvolvo 243 7th February 2014 - 11:23 AM
Last post by: steingoldvolvo

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 03:57 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement