Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Radio Is Not Working.. What To Do!?
VolvoFIN
post Aug 25 2011, 06:18 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 94,345
Drives: 2004 Volvo S40 T5

Hi all!

I have problems with my Volvo's cd/radio. The radio doesn't start at all. It has been silent for almost one month now. My local volvo retailer said that the ICM-module causes that radio won't start but I really think that it can't be the problem because all the other settings (air condition settings etc..) can be seen on the ICM-screen, only the radio is missing and the radio's own settings are missing when I press the menu-button. So the ICM-module seems to be working properly despite the radio. If someone can help me somehow what to do next I would be very grateful! Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Aug 25 2011, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 25 2011, 06:18 AM)
Hi all!

I have problems with my Volvo's cd/radio. The radio doesn't start at all. It has been silent for almost one month now. My local volvo retailer said that the ICM-module causes that radio won't start but I really think that it can't be the problem because all the other settings (air condition settings etc..) can be seen on the ICM-screen, only the radio is missing and the radio's own settings are missing when I press the menu-button. So the ICM-module seems to be working properly despite the radio. If someone can help me somehow what to do next I would be very grateful! Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

have you check the fuses,you have a set in your engine bay,and in the passengers footwell,and in your trunk.

QuoteReply
VolvoFIN
post Aug 25 2011, 01:15 PM
Post #3

Yes, Fuses checked and they're all ok! Haven't check ones in the trunk yet though, gotta check the manual where to find them. Im pretty sure that all the fuses are ok.

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Aug 25 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #4

Senior Veteran

Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 25 2011, 01:15 PM)
Yes, Fuses checked and they're all ok! Haven't check ones in the trunk yet though, gotta check the manual where to find them. Im pretty sure that all the fuses are ok.

check the wiring on the back of your radio,it should have an in line fuse.and some but not all radio can have a small fuse inside the radio.

QuoteReply
Platypup
post Aug 26 2011, 02:11 AM
Post #5

Senior

Member No.: 24,285
Drives: Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Toyota RAV4, MG TC, Jaguar E-type

The ICM module is one of a number of interlinked (usually by optic fibers) modules that make up the sound (Infotainment) system as can be seen by scrolling down to the appropriate section of the following attachment. The climate control and security systems are not dependent on the ICM module and can continue to function and display on the screen even if the ICM module is faulty. There is no stand-alone radio/CD player with its own internal fuses as there used to be with older cars (and no fuse panel in trunk of the S40/V50). The Volvo technician therefore could (only could) be correct to suggest the ICM module is faulty.

Attached File  S40MY2005_Electrical.pdf ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 41

QuoteReply
VolvoFIN
post Aug 30 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (Platypup @ Aug 26 2011, 02:11 AM)
The ICM module is one of a number of interlinked (usually by optic fibers) modules that make up the sound (Infotainment) system as can be seen by scrolling down to the appropriate section of the following attachment. The climate control and security systems are not dependent on the ICM module and can continue to function and display on the screen even if the ICM module is faulty. There is no stand-alone radio/CD player with its own internal fuses as there used to be with older cars (and no fuse panel in trunk of the S40/V50). The Volvo technician therefore could (only could) be correct to suggest the ICM module is faulty.

Attached File  S40MY2005_Electrical.pdf ( 1.32MB ) Number of downloads: 41

Thank you a lot for information! Hopefully the attachment file will help me a bit.. I'll inform you all here when I get the radio fixed and what the problem was. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QuoteReply
VolvoFIN
post Sep 12 2011, 03:31 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (VolvoFIN @ Aug 30 2011, 12:07 PM)
Thank you a lot for information! Hopefully the attachment file will help me a bit.. I'll inform you all here when I get the radio fixed and what the problem was. Thanks. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I got a new ICM-module from different S40 volvo and put it on its place and plugged the cables but nothing happened. The screen doesn't show anything at all at the moment. What do you ppl think is it possible to get this new module working properly at all? Does it have to be re-configurated somehow or what should I do in this situation? Thanks!

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2004.5+) S40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts What Turbo Engine Fits In A Clio Rsi?
2 bemshawn 307 29th November 2014 - 09:10 AM
Last post by: 40Lov
No New Posts Is 104,000 Miles On A Volvo V40 Good ?
0 bemshawn 239 21st November 2014 - 01:55 AM
Last post by: bemshawn
No New Posts What Year Was It Last Year?
1 daveej 633 8th August 2014 - 05:28 PM
Last post by: cloudbase
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsRadio Wires Messed Up
2 nicolie 552 17th July 2014 - 03:00 AM
Last post by: nicolie
No New Posts Not Start Without Any Messages.
0 Kikyoung 630 20th April 2014 - 02:36 AM
Last post by: Kikyoung

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 09:59 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement