Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Turbo Actuator
Mark Fritz
post Aug 15 2011, 11:30 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,853
Drives: V40 T4

maybe i am just being simplistic....... but if the ECU controls the turbo actuator through the turbo control valve, if you swap out the standard actuator for a unit that has a higher actuation pressure even though the ECU will attempt to control the actuator (i suspect that this what the turbo control valve is attempting to control the actuator in addition to the blow off valve) it will only operate once the boost has reached the appropriate pressure. Am i missing something with my simple logic???
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Aug 16 2011, 12:55 AM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (Mark Fritz @ Aug 16 2011, 12:30 AM)
maybe i am just being simplistic....... but if the ECU controls the turbo actuator through the turbo control valve, if you swap out the standard actuator for a unit that has a higher actuation pressure even though the ECU will attempt to control the actuator (i suspect that this what the turbo control valve is attempting to control the actuator in addition to the blow off valve) it will only operate once the boost has reached the appropriate pressure. Am i missing something with my simple logic???

yes ,you are ,the actuator,has got nothing to do ,with the ECU,it is pressure from the turbo to the bypass valve that controls the actuator ,it is the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pressure sensor ,that gives information to the ECU,and most of the time ,it is the fuel pressure sensor ,that breaks down ,it sticks so tell the ECU it has low pressure in the fuel rail,so it shuts off,so if you have high pressure in the fuel rail,then the regulator is doing its job,so it is the sensor,and if you have low pressure then it is the regulator,giving wrong information to the ECU,so people will think it is the ECU,when in fact it is the sensor or the regulator.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo V40 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Turbo Adjustment
Auto 850, manual boost control, waste gate adjustment.?
1 Snabblåda 197 24th July 2014 - 10:45 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Turbo Charger Failure
3 JohnAnast 594 26th June 2014 - 10:15 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Turbo Diagram For S40- Year2003
0 cheopr 700 3rd August 2013 - 09:42 PM
Last post by: cheopr
No New Posts Turbo Boost Control Circuit Leak On V50 1.6d
2 CNogueira 1,640 28th February 2013 - 06:17 AM
Last post by: CNogueira
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsTurbo Maintenance
oil in duct going to intercooler
4 popeye2 619 28th December 2012 - 06:31 PM
Last post by: popeye2

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd October 2014 - 02:56 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement