Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Throttle Position Sensor
luvynlyf850
post Aug 7 2011, 11:57 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 93,413
Drives: 1993 Volvo 850

I have a 93 850 that I have had many problems with. It stalls and then will turn over but won't start. I have changed the fuel filter and fuel pump and it ran for a while. Then I replaced the Cam position sensor and the and the fuel relay and it ran for a while. Now it is back to turning over but wont start. The error codes say its the Throttle position sensor. Will this being broken keep the car from turning over. I also have an error code that the knock sensor is bad...would this keep it from turning over.....Please help I have changed everything but the kitchen sink...lol
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
danielm85948
post Aug 8 2011, 01:51 AM
Post #2

Senior Veteran

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,889
Drives: volvo 940 se turbo 1991

QUOTE (luvynlyf850 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:57 PM)
I have a 93 850 that I have had many problems with. It stalls and then will turn over but won't start. I have changed the fuel filter and fuel pump and it ran for a while. Then I replaced the Cam position sensor and the and the fuel relay and it ran for a while. Now it is back to turning over but wont start. The error codes say its the Throttle position sensor. Will this being broken keep the car from turning over. I also have an error code that the knock sensor is bad...would this keep it from turning over.....Please help I have changed everything but the kitchen sink...lol

your code says throttle position sensor,yes you change it ,it gives information to your ECU and tells it to adjust the mix of fuel going through the butterfly in your throttle on line they cost in your country about $50 but check your man for Volvo here see FCP Groton,for the part .

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Aug 9 2011, 10:09 PM
Post #3

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 33,827
Drives: 1995 Volvo 850 GLE (Canada Car), Automatic

QUOTE (luvynlyf850 @ Aug 7 2011, 11:57 PM)

Do you have a multimeter? If so, you can check the resistance across the terminals, that way you don't waste money buying new parts when not needed.

What codes came up?

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 850 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsThrottle Body Mod
960 throttle plate
2 umpgotti 608 19th July 2013 - 09:24 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Throttle Response Delay
3 Gnrl_lee 1,385 13th February 2013 - 01:00 PM
Last post by: Vermont
No New Posts Sensor Problems
3 Galaxy 1,266 29th January 2013 - 11:54 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Throttle Body Recall
Throttle body RECALL
22 mehdiaccardi 68,528 12th February 2012 - 04:43 AM
Last post by: NatashaMAp
No New Posts Position Light Failure On V70
2 joseph1 3,381 16th January 2012 - 10:19 PM
Last post by: joseph1

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 03:56 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement