Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Adjusting Xc90 Parking / Emergency Brake
mgianzero
post Mar 19 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,257
Drives: Volve XC 90 T6 AWD

How do I adjust my new emergency (parking) brake pad shoes I just installed?

I've searched several forums and I must admit, I'm still confused about where and how to adjust my e-brake for my 2004 XC90 AWD.

I removed the driver's side carpet piece from center console and I can follow the entire brake cable from e-brake pedal all the way to where it splits into right and left cables before exiting through the transmission tunnel to the rear of the car. But I do not see any threaded connection to adjust. Where EXACTLY is this adjustment piece? Before or after the cables split?

I've also read places about a manual versus a self-adjusting emergency brake for this car. So which is it? Did it change at some model year from one to the other?

Any help is much appreciated.

Marc Gianzero

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Peelot
post Mar 21 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 82,376
Drives: 2006 Volvo XC 70

QUOTE (mgianzero @ Mar 19 2011, 09:40 PM)
How do I adjust my new emergency (parking) brake pad shoes I just installed?

I've searched several forums and I must admit, I'm still confused about where and how to adjust my e-brake for my 2004 XC90 AWD.

I removed the driver's side carpet piece from center console and I can follow the entire brake cable from e-brake pedal all the way to where it splits into right and left cables before exiting through the transmission tunnel to the rear of the car. But I do not see any threaded connection to adjust. Where EXACTLY is this adjustment piece? Before or after the cables split?

I've also read places about a manual versus a self-adjusting emergency brake for this car. So which is it? Did it change at some model year from one to the other?

Any help is much appreciated.

Marc Gianzero

Hi,
I suppose you've got an older car so I attached the instruction for other type of the parking brake calibration. See attachment.
Hope it helps.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Removal_1_.pdf ( 356.81K ) Number of downloads: 124

QuoteReply
mgianzero
post Mar 24 2011, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 68,257
Drives: Volve XC 90 T6 AWD

QUOTE (Peelot @ Mar 21 2011, 10:54 AM)
Hi,
I suppose you've got an older car so I attached the instruction for other type of the parking brake calibration. See attachment.
Hope it helps.

Actually my XC90 is the T6 made in 2004. Does this mean the older style was more of a self-adjusting e-brake?

Because, i just kept pressing and releasing the emergency brake many times (10-15 times) and it seemed to loosen up slightly. I then drove it a bit. Initially the e-brake seemed to be hot from being engaged a bit but then it got better. Does this mean my emergency brakes readjusted themselves?

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Xc90 2008 Good Choice?
Looking to buy XC90 2008
0 al_toengi 476 20th July 2014 - 12:30 PM
Last post by: al_toengi
No New Posts Brake Light Socket
Can burn too brightly/Correct Color?
0 claudeworld 193 10th July 2014 - 11:40 PM
Last post by: claudeworld
No New Posts Parking Assist / Parktronic Issues?
No beeping or warning signals in reverse?
4 '13XC60TXGal 1,812 4th May 2014 - 06:06 PM
Last post by: BDear
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsXc90 D5 Exec Sunroof Gps Dvd Towbar ++ Sale
An excellent package going cheap - Australia only
0 VIVA 338 18th March 2014 - 05:26 AM
Last post by: VIVA
No New Posts Xc90 For Sale
BRAND NEW RADIATOR, TIMINGBELT AND WATER PUMP
0 thexc90man 501 10th March 2014 - 03:24 PM
Last post by: thexc90man

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 23rd October 2014 - 12:50 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement