Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Coolant Smell And Windshield Fogging?
Hamrt
post Nov 28 2010, 04:04 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 80,012
Drives: 2002 C70

Hi DIY's,

So I have an 02 C70 that has had a very slow coolant leak for a while now but I haven't been able to discover from where, but recently the car has started putting out a coolant smell when running the windshield defrosters. Also, the windshield is constantly fogging. In looking around on this site and others, I've heard people describe this as a heater core issue along with coolant soaked carpets. As far as I can tell, I don't have coolant on my carpet but the smell has been intensifying. I have also read some mention of bad O rings associated with the heater core.

Questions - Has anyone else had this problem and been able to diagnose/fix it? I have found instructions for other model volvos for replacing the heater core, but not for the C70. Is the procedure basically the same? Does anyone have a link for replacing the core for the 02 C70 (if that is indeed my problem)?

Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
MKC70
post Nov 28 2010, 04:38 PM
Post #2

Expert

Member No.: 23,913
Drives: 1999 Volvo C70 coupe

Just follow the write ups. Only thing different will be to unscrew the Dolby processor, gl.

QuoteReply
Hamrt
post Nov 28 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 80,012
Drives: 2002 C70

Hey MKC70,

Not really sure what the Dolby processor is. Is it a part of the stereo that might be in my way? Also, I have just finished clearing the way of the carpet and other panels to get to the heater core, and yes there was antifreeze beneath the carpets. Is there any way to tell if it is the O rings or the heater core that are causing the problem? I can't exactly tell where the leak is coming from, but there is definitely antifreeze dripping from the bottom of the attachments coming from the firewall to the heater core encasement.

Thanks,

MT

QuoteReply
Puruz
post Dec 18 2011, 03:28 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,262
Drives: 2001 C70 T5

I do also have a fogging issue on my windscreen especially during rainy days. Usually, De-frost mode is incapable to get rid of fog.

p.s There is no leak and smell as mentioned above.

Please help. Thanks.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo C70 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Coolant Light On-it's An Error
1 LIL BUG 198 18th May 2014 - 04:30 PM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsCoolant Temp Sensor Resistance
8 anode36 1,053 24th August 2013 - 01:30 PM
Last post by: anode36
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsCoolant Or Fuel In Oil.
11 roninx17 2,097 10th August 2013 - 11:28 AM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsCoolant Leak
Coolant Leak at radiator
4 makivelli 1,602 6th August 2013 - 08:44 PM
Last post by: difflock54
No New Posts Coolant Loss And Tank Cap Loose
18 cocoli 5,120 10th March 2013 - 04:26 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 27th August 2014 - 10:03 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement