Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Winter Tires
ceraz
post Oct 22 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 60,384
Drives: 2010 Volvo XC60 D5 AWD

Anybody have some feedback on good or recommended winter tires for XC60 ?

Thx
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Vermont
post Oct 23 2010, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Senior

Member No.: 80,050
Drives: 2002 Volvo S60

QUOTE (ceraz @ Oct 22 2010, 12:05 PM)
Anybody have some feedback on good or recommended winter tires for XC60 ?Thx
Here's the Hankook iPike W409 that I've been using in Vermont's severe Winters for three(3 ) years now:

This is a "real" winter tire and I have experienced over 34,000 miles of excellent control. They'll probably make it through this winter and maybe part of next (for a total of 45,000 miles or more); but recognizing the on-coming rise in Rubber Prices due to the damage caused to the rubber plantations by recent typhoons this past rainy season, I just took the precaution last week of ordering another set of this exact same tire. I can't say enough about the traction and control they provide. I'm in Real Estate and my Customers are often simply amazed at the degree of safety they feel when they ride with me on these tires and we travel effortlessly over some unplowed roads with 6" or 8" of snow and slush on them.

I also used Hankook's W401s and W404s for 12 years before these iPikes and was quite pleased; but the W409 disperses water and "slush" better than any other tire I've ever used. Some real "Winter Tires" take quite a while to warm up when you first drive off and the belts retain a noticeable flat spot for several miles; but these iPikes seem to warm up in less than 1 mile, even when it's below -50F. Just another feature that hopefully maybe you don't need where you are. It's not just the aggressive tread pattern or the rubber composition that separates them from other Winter Tires . . . . they also wear well and they're very quiet too!

QuoteReply
tekbis
post Oct 24 2010, 08:05 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 69,225
Drives: 2010 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD

QUOTE (ceraz @ Oct 22 2010, 11:05 AM)
Anybody have some feedback on good or recommended winter tires for XC60 ?

Thx

I would suggest you visit www.tirerack.com and check out the tire ratings and customer reviews and will even give you an idea on pricing/packages and technical specs. I found the site very useful and informative and easy to use, just enter the vehicle make, year and model and which kind of tires (e.g. winter) you're looking for. When you decide which tire to purchase I suggest discount tire as they have very good service and competitive prices (of course depends if they are available in your location).

QuoteReply
cedarhill4060
post Dec 11 2010, 07:31 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 81,789
Drives: 2010 xc60 t6 awd

Just put on a set of Cooper Weather Master WS snowies. They are a new agressive directional tread design like the Hankook above. Getting some good reviews too. Believe Cooper is the last solely owned NA tire manufacturer for what its worth. We had a Cooper all season set on our last crossover, they were awesome.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC60 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Winter Mats?
3 svg1234 503 7th November 2013 - 09:55 AM
Last post by: Vermont
No New Posts Winter Tires For Xc70 Or Stick With All Weather?
2 ljw 1,639 26th November 2012 - 10:55 AM
Last post by: ljw
No New Posts Winter Tire Size Help
s60 2001
1 natacha020 702 14th October 2012 - 12:56 PM
Last post by: Vermont
No New Posts Topic has attachmentsTires Destroyed By Steering Rub?
7 Rosscoe 2,643 8th April 2012 - 03:37 PM
Last post by: mys6t
No New Posts Tires Compatibility 142
1 boyou2 986 24th January 2012 - 03:22 PM
Last post by: iwanna142

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 04:15 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement