Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> V50 2.0 D Non Starter
cymroboi
post Aug 28 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 77,623
Drives: V50 2.0D 2006

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/00000732.gif) first of all id like to say hi,as im a newbe on the site.........in need of some desperate help !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/puzzled.gif)
i bought the car from a local dealer a couple of months ago its a 2006 V50 2.0 d with 39,000miles on the clock and full dealership s/h.
about a month ago the car started playing up ,wouldent start first time on the key maybe 2/3 atempts then she would fire up been back to the local garage ,no problems found i picked the car back up and within 2 days ,started playing up again,so back in, they fitted a new egr valve and took in to our local volvo dealer to up date the ecu and a quick plug in to their pc to check for faults ,no faults found ..............now 3 days after getting the car back the same thing hapend again ,but this time the car wouldent start at all, just smoke.so i caled the local dealer to come get his car ,he had to bump start the car to get it going he took it back to the volvo dealer which they had it for a week now ,i called them yesterday to see if they found any faults.............all they said NO FAULTS ,AND THE CAR STARTED EVERY TIME during the week for us !!!!!!! im now getting verry PEEEEED OFF with the car ,has any one here had a similar problem ????
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
cymroboi
post Aug 29 2010, 04:51 PM
Post #2

take it no one has had the same problem !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crying.gif)

QuoteReply
cymroboi
post Sep 16 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #3

well the bag of crap has started playing up again, a few weeks after being in the main dealer for 2 weeks........take it no one has ever had this problem whith the 2.0 dt ????
ive alway loved the volvo as a car till this one NO MORE!!!

QuoteReply
romeo13
post Oct 11 2010, 08:57 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 76,360
Drives: 2008 Volvo V50 2.0d S

yes i have had a similar experience i have a 2007 V50 2.0D and a month ago refused to start with plumes of white smoke from the exhaust after this happening 3times in 5 days i thought enough and booked the car in to the main dealer who had the car for 2 days to tell me no fault found!

What i did find was though if it refuses to start and you leave it an hour it would start off the key and run all day no problem.
The RAC were called to the car the first twice it happened and they reckoned a fuel problem ie. the filter was blocked but was changed at the service 3500 miles previous so doubt that and curiously since the cars visit to the dealer has never happened since!

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo V50 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts 2005 S80 2.5t - Oil Recommendation?
1 gvsu4msu 221 19th October 2014 - 08:00 AM
Last post by: poopbunny
No New Posts 2002 Sway Bar Linkage
Is it under tension
2 URDRWHO2 72 4th October 2014 - 09:21 PM
Last post by: URDRWHO2
No New Posts Topic has attachments2004 V40 Volvo Brink Towing System Needed
caravan towing, Volvo Brink number
1 dlinkeg 79 19th September 2014 - 09:30 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts 2006 C70 Cigarette Lighter
1 dancuthbertson 92 31st August 2014 - 07:15 AM
Last post by: grendel1960
No New Posts 2001 Volvo S40 For Sale (blown Engine)
1 S40 in Fla 148 24th August 2014 - 04:21 PM
Last post by: S40 in Fla

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 21st October 2014 - 06:53 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement