Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Alarm System Service Required
jayne
post Jul 16 2010, 08:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 75,569
Drives: 2004 XC70 D5 LUX AWD

hi can anyone help, not had any problems with my 04 xc70 but message alarm system service required keeps being displayed. car locks, internal sensor flashes to indicate alarm is set, doesnt go off unexpectidly, weve even left window down and put arm it and sensors activate,
man who services are car cant see anything obvious.
trying to avoid large bill from volvo which i will get if i take it to them at 80 an hour for their ,mechanics and they arent fast, want them to be a last port of call,
help please anyone
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
trevdet499
post Jul 25 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 75,762
Drives: v70 d5

hi the most common problem is the siren located on the o/s inner wing and the code stored will be uem004 siren internal fault
if you replace it you will have to have the new siren config to the uem of the by a volvo dealer
hope this helps
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QuoteReply
COLLEEN
post Jul 28 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 22,833
Drives: 1996 850 GLT VOLVO

I don't know if this will help I have a 2002 v70 xc wagon. The window rear passenger was damaged from weed waker and chipped glass. I had it replaced $450.00 Volvo window. They could not get button to go up and down now actuator is on order. Any way. They pulled the positive battery terminal thinking it would reset door locks. No good. Then the dreaded Alarm Sysytem Service came on, I only had visible alarm ( all four lights flashing, Headlights and tail lights) No Audible alarm. After searching on internet. I disconnected battery positive onlys again. Waitied 10 minutes. Put it back on (cable) and put the key in the ignition and turned key and then turned it off. Got out of the car and hit lock and unlock with remote . Now all is fine. I think removing the cable resets the computer module in car and resets everything. The key in the ignition I think resets the code for alarms. Anyway it worked hope it does for you. Sorry this is long.
Disconnect positive battery
Wait 10 minutes
Reconnect
Turn ignition on then off.
Get out and lock and unlock car with remote/door lock.
Arm alarm and test.
Good luck...

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 2G (2001-2007) V70, V70XC & XC70 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Service Items
0 Sir Topham Hatt 120 29th September 2014 - 08:41 PM
Last post by: Sir Topham Hatt
No New Posts Service Diagrams For Volvos
Information only
0 YesNoMebbeSo 465 4th August 2014 - 07:17 PM
Last post by: YesNoMebbeSo
No New Posts Service Diagrams For Volvo Vehicles
Information only
0 YesNoMebbeSo 281 4th August 2014 - 07:16 PM
Last post by: YesNoMebbeSo
No New Posts Alarm System
2 Grantgc 693 13th July 2014 - 12:42 PM
Last post by: Grantgc
No New Posts Service Reminder Message
0 dr.andre 582 16th February 2014 - 04:08 AM
Last post by: dr.andre

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 21st November 2014 - 01:56 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement