Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> 850 Alarm Problem, resetting alarm
tivyvolvo
post Apr 21 2010, 02:38 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 49,576
Drives: 850 estate

Hi i need help with my 850 est Yesterday i locked my 850 with the remote and all was fine untill i returned and the remote would not work.I used the key to unlock and the alarm went off ! and it would not start. i think the batts in the remote may have been low i have put new batts in but still wont work? any ideas what has happend and what i can do to sort it im thinking maybe the alarm ect needs resetting so does anyone know how to do it ? many thanks...
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Apr 21 2010, 10:12 PM
Post #2

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 33,827
Drives: 1995 Volvo 850 GLE (Canada Car), Automatic

QUOTE (tivyvolvo @ Apr 21 2010, 02:38 PM)
Hi i need help with my 850 est Yesterday i locked my 850 with the remote and all was fine untill i returned and the remote would not work.I used the key to unlock and the alarm went off ! and it would not start. i think the batts in the remote may have been low i have put new batts in but still wont work? any ideas what has happend and what i can do to sort it im thinking maybe the alarm ect needs resetting so does anyone know how to do it ? many thanks...

Attached File(s)
Attached File  anti_theft_system.pdf ( 508.16K ) Number of downloads: 31

QuoteReply
tivyvolvo
post Apr 22 2010, 05:49 AM
Post #3

cant reprograme remote as alarm is still active some how need to reset alarm somehow? any ideas welcome

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Apr 22 2010, 11:25 AM
Post #4

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

QUOTE (tivyvolvo @ Apr 22 2010, 05:49 AM)
cant reprogram remote as alarm is still active some how need to reset alarm somehow? any ideas welcome

This is how it is done. I called a dealer.

How many remotes do you have? if more than one, you MUST have ALL remotes with you when you do this process.

1. Collect all remotes for the car, have them with you in the car.
2. Put the key in the ignition switch.
3. Get in car car, DOORS MUST BE CLOSED.
4. Turn the key from OFF position to the On position (II position) 5 times times, on the 5th time leave the key in the On position, then you press any button on the remotes you have. They should at that point be reset.

That is it.

QuoteReply
tivyvolvo
post Apr 22 2010, 11:32 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (SeaMike @ Apr 22 2010, 05:25 PM)
This is how it is done. I called a dealer.

How many remotes do you have? if more than one, you MUST have ALL remotes with you when you do this process.

1. Collect all remotes for the car, have them with you in the car.
2. Put the key in the ignition switch.
3. Get in car car, DOORS MUST BE CLOSED.
4. Turn the key from OFF position to the On position (II position) 5 times times, on the 5th time leave the key in the On position, then you press any button on the remotes you have. They should at that point be reset.

That is it.

cant get to that stage,cant as yet get into car without alarm going off key wont stop it or remote. remote is working ok as far as i know as i hear a chirp from it when buttons are pressed but not turning alarm off.My only other thought is that the black relay under the steering wheel has packed up ? its a pain.....

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Apr 22 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #6

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

QUOTE (tivyvolvo @ Apr 22 2010, 11:32 AM)
cant get to that stage,cant as yet get into car without alarm going off key wont stop it or remote. remote is working ok as far as i know as i hear a chirp from it when buttons are pressed but not turning alarm off.My only other thought is that the black relay under the steering wheel has packed up ? its a pain.....

Hey,

So you using the key won't by pass the alarm? It should.

Have you called a dealer there yet?

QuoteReply
SeaMike
post Apr 22 2010, 12:16 PM
Post #7

Senior Veteran
Group Icon

QUOTE (tivyvolvo @ Apr 21 2010, 02:38 PM)

Disconnect the battery for like 10 min...then try and reset it.

QuoteReply
tivyvolvo
post Apr 22 2010, 12:41 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (SeaMike @ Apr 22 2010, 06:16 PM)
Disconnect the battery for like 10 min...then try and reset it.

not contacted dealer yet was going to call them after the weekend.Will try disconecting battery and see what happens,thanks for your tips .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/liebe011.gif)

QuoteReply
tivyvolvo
post Apr 22 2010, 02:17 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (tivyvolvo @ Apr 22 2010, 06:41 PM)
not contacted dealer yet was going to call them after the weekend.Will try disconecting battery and see what happens,thanks for your tips .. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/liebe011.gif)

no luck with disconecting battery,however i have just found another alarm relay box its a different colour but just pluged it in under dash and took other one out and no alarm going off now ! downside is no remote locking just working on the key guess i will have to keep an eye out for a replacement relay that maches my old one thanks for all help on here

QuoteReply
odinterimon
post Jan 5 2011, 04:27 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 83,809
Drives: 1997 volvo 850 cd t5

Hi guys,
I came on here but like you guys didn't find the answer to the actual question, " how to reset alarm once it's armed if your door switches won't work? "
Now although the central locking still worked once the door is open the alarm goes off and then your in trouble cos you can't drive it even with the key in, as its suposed to its immobilised, the old on off with the key will not work , but if you put the key in within 10 seconds and turn ignition on and hold in the start position after a few seconds the alarm resets, now program your alarm fob, With new batteries fitted first, as it appears if your unlucky enough for batteries to fail once alarm is set you get this senario we have just been through. I have just done this last night as my batteries failed while I was at work, lucky I had a spare set, but then the above problem started . Took 2 hrs to find solution but he it is, hope it helps someone.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 850 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Alarm System
2 Grantgc 300 13th July 2014 - 12:42 PM
Last post by: Grantgc
No New Posts 850 Wagon
idel rough very poor excelleration
4 Dwh850Wagon 660 31st August 2013 - 03:13 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog
No New Posts 850 Trip Computer
9 lockett 1,728 13th August 2013 - 06:34 PM
Last post by: CLMossJr
No New Posts Problem With Having Low Battery Power?
2 ImortalZomby 715 29th July 2013 - 04:32 AM
Last post by: SykO
No New Posts Topic has attachments850 Keyless Remote(s) Won't Reprogramme
850 keyless remote programming
10 apprentice3 1,015 16th July 2013 - 02:10 PM
Last post by: Kiss4aFrog

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 20th August 2014 - 07:22 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement