Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Fix Volvo Switchblade Key, Switchblade key repair
tpsells
post Apr 18 2010, 06:48 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,565
Drives: 2005 volvo XC 90 T5 AWD

I fix Volvo switchblade keys. Also referred to as a volvo flip key. When the broken key will not extend or retract, I replace the inner workings. Repair parts are unavailable through Volvo and a replacement key is very expensive. Key replacement and reprogramming of the car unit is expensive. The "chip", embedded within, is matched to your car. A replacement or used key with a different "chip", won't work. It won't start your car! The key (chip) itself can't be "reprogrammed"! I can save you the hundreds of dollars that the dealer route would cost. Your key will be restored to "better than" original factory operation, with your original "chip" within, at a small fraction of the cost. Little ring keep coming detached? Can also update to brand new case with molded plastic key ring adapter! Same day service with priority mail. I include a "tip sheet" explains how they break and how to prevent future problems. Have done hundreds over the past 3 years and had no repeat failures
Contact Tony at
amp1117@yahoo.com (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gitara.gif)
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Marinetek
post May 27 2010, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 73,211
Drives: xc90

Hi Tony

I need one of my keys fixing but I'm based in the UK. Can you send me a replacement part and instructions on how to renovate the original key?

thanks

QuoteReply
tpsells
post Jul 10 2010, 10:38 AM
Post #3

The repair requires parts which are unavailable through Volvo or the French manufacturer. It also takes great care and specialty tools, one of which was specially fabricated, as to not damage the chip.

QuoteReply
tpsells
post Oct 9 2010, 05:36 AM
Post #4

I have been restoring Volvo switchblade keys for over three years and have had no failures. The Volvo flip key has been problematic. The key restoration service eliminates the need for the expense of replacement, reprogramming and other serious issues especially regarding the fact that your other keys transponders will still be "recognized" and can still be used!! Tony amp1117@yahoo.com

QuoteReply
tpsells
post Aug 3 2011, 03:37 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (tpsells @ Oct 9 2010, 05:36 AM)
I have been restoring Volvo switchblade keys for over three years and have had no failures. The Volvo flip key has been problematic. The key restoration service eliminates the need for the expense of replacement, reprogramming and other serious issues especially regarding the fact that your other keys transponders will still be "recognized" and can still be used!! Tony amp1117@yahoo.com

QuoteReply
tpsells
post Aug 3 2011, 03:41 PM
Post #6

I have just completed the 500th Volvo flip key restoration. I have saved many happy people a lot of money by offering a great alternative to key replacement and the vehicle re-programming hassles that go along with it. Also restore operation of many faulty or water damaged remote entry system remote controls.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo XC90 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Volvo 960 Auto Not Starting...?
1 bemshawn 49 24th November 2014 - 05:09 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts Volvo Xc90 Bluetooth Android Usb Car Kit
It is official - Volvo XC90 all get GROMified!
9 GROM Audio 2,874 10th November 2014 - 05:00 PM
Last post by: GROM Audio
No New Posts Key Will Not Turn In Ignition
0 Dominick 342 8th October 2014 - 03:56 PM
Last post by: Dominick
No New Posts Volvo?
Why Volvo?
0 supero 353 23rd September 2014 - 08:33 PM
Last post by: supero
No New Posts Volvo V40 T4 - Knob Safety Lock
5 KONE 1,486 15th September 2014 - 01:49 AM
Last post by: masud ali

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 05:58 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement