Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Xenon (hid) Self-leveling System V50
mtb88
post Feb 9 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 68,768
Drives: ford

Hi,
I am looking for a Volvo V50 with Xenon Lights. Volov describe the lights as followed:

Volvo Website:
Dual Xenon Gas Discharge Headlights with Active Bending Lights (ABL)

Dual Xenon Gas Discharge Headlights with Active Bending Lights (ABL) provide twice the illumination of a conventional halogen headlight and help you to see around bends at night. Controlled by microprocessors, the motorized lights turn up to 15 degrees in either direction when driving reliably lighting up your chosen path. A twilight sensor disengages the system during daylight to extend its life span.

Is that system able to control automatically the high of the headlamps (automatic beam leveling control)or only able to turn the lights? I am planning to ship the car to Germany.

Volvo is unable to answer the question. Regarding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Headlamps it is not necessary to have a self-leveling system in the USA. But regarding http://auto.howstuffworks.com/adaptive-headlight1.htm it is necessary. I am confused and frustrated.
Pls help. Thanks

Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
Platypup
post Feb 9 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #2

Senior

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,285
Drives: Volvo V50 T5 AWD, Toyota RAV4, MG TC, Jaguar E-type

All Volvo S40/V50 Xenon headlights should be self-levelling to allow for change of ride height of the car. This has been described in the Volvo literature prior to the introduction of the turning headlights which became an option or standard on some models over the last couple of years but should have maintained this feature, especially as manual adjustments would be even more difficult with turning lights.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo V50 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts V50 2.4i "whistling" Noise On Acceleration
1 tylerdean 300 23rd August 2014 - 02:54 AM
Last post by: Platypup
No New Posts Hid's...
Confused on what to buy...
1 eml555 556 27th July 2014 - 12:30 AM
Last post by: shamrocks003
No New Posts V50 2.0d Se Oil Leak
oil leak
0 Smokes 581 4th December 2013 - 06:04 PM
Last post by: Smokes
No New Posts V50 T5 Awd My07 - Rear Grinding Noise While Turning And Accelerating
3 benkus83 928 19th November 2013 - 07:50 AM
Last post by: danielm85948
No New Posts V50 2.0 D Lhd Break Estate Under Car Clanking
Clanking uder car at low speeds on bumpy roads
13 volvo v50 owner 1,937 1st September 2013 - 01:56 PM
Last post by: volvo v50 owner

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 06:19 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement