Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Snowflake Icon, Snowflake Light next to outside temp.
EWATSON
post Dec 20 2009, 08:35 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 66,313
Drives: XC70

I see the snowflake light on my dash when the temp is near or below freezing and I know this feature is on many other vehicles I have owned. The one on my new XC70 seems to be a either smart or broken. There seems to be times when it is not lit even though the temp is below freezing. Have they upgraded the capabilities of this thing in more recent models (sensing humidity or pressure as well as temp) or is mine just temperamental. There is almost nothing in my war and peace sized manual about this (maybe it is too obvious to warrant documentation) Also does anyone know where I can get a PDF (and therefore searchable) version of my manual?

Thanks
Ed
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
MKC70
post Dec 20 2009, 01:02 PM
Post #2

Expert

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,913
Drives: 1999 Volvo C70 coupe

QUOTE (EWATSON @ Dec 20 2009, 08:35 AM)
I see the snowflake light on my dash when the temp is near or below freezing and I know this feature is on many other vehicles I have owned. The one on my new XC70 seems to be a either smart or broken. There seems to be times when it is not lit even though the temp is below freezing. Have they upgraded the capabilities of this thing in more recent models (sensing humidity or pressure as well as temp) or is mine just temperamental. There is almost nothing in my war and peace sized manual about this (maybe it is too obvious to warrant documentation) Also does anyone know where I can get a PDF (and therefore searchable) version of my manual?

Thanks
Ed

Mine will stay lit within 10 degrees of freezing. Beyond that you would expect icy conditions. Should be referenced in the manual, it is on my coupe.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest 3G (2008+) V70 & XC70 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Icon On Dashboard
3 tnl 2,908 1st May 2008 - 10:11 PM
Last post by: huskydo

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd November 2014 - 11:33 PM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.
Privacy Statement