Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Hello, we have answers for your Volvo-related questions!. Why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. Together we can make our Volvo community a better place.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Do you like Volvo-Forums.com? Link to us and help spread the word about our forum. Thanks!
> Common Issues With The Volvo 240
diaoling
post Nov 25 2011, 04:48 AM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 98,934
Drives: 2009 BWM

I got my Grandpas 1985 240 DL it has 135000 km's.
Go to the top of the page

QuoteReply
mrvos
post Nov 29 2011, 08:54 AM
Post #42

Member No.: 98,939
Drives: 83 volvo 240

The only real issue whith my volvo is that every few years some **** brakes my rear lights while the car is parked.

QuoteReply
search4rr2
post Dec 6 2011, 08:48 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 63,524
Drives: 2001 Volvo S80

...the _Overdrive_ link below is no longer available

QUOTE (robert240 @ Mar 24 2010, 02:57 PM)
This explains the issues with the wiring harness:
http://www.davebarton.com/volvoharnesses.h...WireHarnessFAQs
I'm still using the original one from the factory. I have taped and used heat shrink tubing to repair all the exposed wires.

The easiest way to solve the overdrive problem is with this:
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-200/Transmissi...9-266-672-1891/

QuoteReply
negrielec
post Dec 23 2011, 12:00 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 100,653
Drives: XC90

This is really a great idea. Thanks for sharing this. I will also try the same
Iphone 3G USA

QuoteReply
xevo
post Dec 23 2011, 01:03 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 95,144
Drives: 1995 850

My first Volvo was a '73 240DL wagon I bought around 1990. Only drove it a couple of months before its automatic transmission (made by Borg Warner) died. Its folding third seat had no padding, just a couple of wooden panels.

QuoteReply
rno172
post Jul 23 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 92,745
Drives: 240 DL

I had all these problems and will add a few.

1) The in tank fuel pumps will give out. Currently I’m replacing it with a new HO pump from IPDUSA. If your car is stalling in hot weather It’s very likely this pump. Also make sure the wiring is good.
2) The main pulley/harmonic balancer gives out. It goes out around 200K miles. Just buy a new one and never worry about it again.
3) Door handles. I would replace the rivet with a machine screw. Also keep a spare.
4) Fan clutch goes out. Another high mileage wear item.
5) Air box preheat thermostat. These will fail in the preheat condition. It’s $7 so just replace it.

For these items I would just do what we do in aviation. Replace it before it fails and not worry about it.

QuoteReply
dascom
post Sep 23 2012, 04:14 PM
Post #47

Member No.: 111,200
Drives: 1988 240GL

Well I've been lucky so far as only the motor mounts, Trany, and the shocks for me. But the motor is at 400000 miles and climbing. Yes I love my Volvo. Its nice to see them on the road with all the new cars and still going after 5-7 years and they are still going. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grin.gif)

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:25 PM
Post #48

Member No.: 113,290

True Religion jeans famous rolling around in its wonder thinned technological innovation and style

inexpensive cheap True Religion jeans usually are a great America brand name that was created inward two thousand and two a long time, after a decade exploitation, true religion jeans ar turn into justly famed skinny jeans’ company, we all know individuals skinny jeans True Religion jeans on sale are usually famous rolling around in its fantastic good quality as well as particulars cope. The actual style, layout and appearance involving true religion jeans are different from different regular denims, those people trousers appears to be far more fashionable in addition to jittery, it really is liked through young children. With the mellow-conclude attributes and most modern pattern of people true religion jeans usually are understood every bit drawn through the man of means or upper class, however it is not the case, they're the top discount True Religion jeans denims to generate individuals in a very model number.wyhwyh1204hh

True Religion jeans on sale are covered all over the world, even if you tin’metric ton believe it is within your nearby spot, additionally you can make a leverage inside True Religion usa website, as there are many of models are number online in order to sale made inwards lower price. for your folk, store true religion jeans within the site are going to be wealthy person A lot of gain, these are inwards low cost to help people save money, plus the high class North Korean won’metric ton be true religion sale influence your own use feeling. The actual exceptional particulars designing is increase the risk for consumer appears to be hot, slimmer and the lower leg seems straighter. In whatever way, ladies True religion jackets are the most useful denims in their miracle reduce and style.

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:28 PM
Post #49

Check it out once you obtain true religion jeans

Whenever true religion sale it occur trousers, we're going to toy with dead on target religious beliefs sale, yet choose to purchase denim jeans, we must look at the way you can buy the top fit along with worthy ane. Pertaining to todays busy lifestyles citizenry, they may be additional carry true religion jeans cheap focus on this stylus and comfortable popular features of these true religion jeans. Merely whichever one particular you need to take, you’deb better prepare for fresh denims previous to your preferred denim jeans are usually damaged, as a way to not buy denim jeans that you just have on’big t true religion jeans sale range to promote, it is necessary to locate a set of true religion jeans because arrange. wyhwyh1204hh

When you are planning on buying a couple of affordable accurate religion , then you definitely should be thinking about unlike store wealthy person cheap true religion jeans diverse stylus true religion jeans, as well as the dimension may also be various, therefore before you decide to pay for your true religion jeans, you should try this ahead of, they really should be satisfy your system consequently looks better, and also entire jeans must be more for a longer time on your ankle, as a manufacturer-brand new denim jeans are going to be reduce in size true religion on sale right after rinse the item to start with period. A couple true religion jeans need to be fit your consistency, especially for recognized straight religion, if you do not have on’T wish in the mode along with wonderful cheap true religion jeans for women appear.

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:32 PM
Post #50

Surpasses by means of dre business earbuds usually are appear a lot more good sense regarding engineering science

Surpasses beats headphones by simply dre studio headphones being a good gamer manufacturers to enter the market manufacture following introduction of this Choice of mind rigid very good bluetooth headset, nevertheless only now unveiled the pinna items. beats by dr dre Lots of kind defeats by means of dre earphones will be in fairly simple shape, the visual appeal of your subdued-based, precious metal content material, ears returning that has a cleaned out metal(a) eccentric, possesses typically adopted the particular headphones in front of inwards retro model, having said that this is better than by means of dre studio room headsets seems to have overmuchness notion regarding scientific recognise-just how. Hearing regarding intercropping jolly balmy, slightly tendency beats by dre headphones around the beak, so it along the way of don.wyhwyh1204hh

Entertainers and also producers spend a lot of time o.k.-focusing in addition to mixing music being the way they require the followers beats pro headphones to know this. All the same almost all regarding earphones can't specifically twin(a) the facts manufactured in the actual facility. Merely merely beatniks simply by dre headphones can. Together with correct-created, point out-connected with-this-art work sound recording design, electricity maximizing, and also miami heat beats energy noise cancellation, you notice songs the easiest way the present top rated painters as well as defeats aside dre earbuds companies want you to listen to. Those individuals defeats through dre earphones usually are quite simple to work with in its easy fold new music device driver, with all the higher-ranking architectural and trendy physical aspect layout also have far more considerateness beats chicago bulls by simply persons.

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:35 PM
Post #51

Receive the discount true religion jeans to save cash

It's very cheap true religion women difficult to acquire a set of usage chinchy legitimate religious belief ladies, hence the easiest way is definitely penalized blade jeans which throughout perfective tense style, fantastic true religion jeans men workmanship in addition to magic reduce technology, much like true religion jeans. Also thought process in addition there are have numerous of name denims are in perfect type to select from, yet there are lots of associated with denim jeans will be in a higher charge in which hardly ever people could cost it. Wear’capital t alike(p) true religion jeans, also thinking they are inward great layout, it is much cheaper than those high-class company jeans. One more reason to choose true religion jeans work force happens because they may be manufactured in Us cheap true religion jeans in all procedure, and a few in the designs are designed manually, it can be raising the purchase price plus the price is likewise affordable.wyhwyh1204hh

With the 1 the two want to get a considerable true religion jeans and also in top quality in addition to fashion figure, the most effective way is going to be shopping true religion jeans for men all of them inside the web store because it is less expensive sale made within the site when compared with physical memory. The true secret exploring completely new true religion jeans using the type you prefer and try it, inside manner skinny jeans series, to discover a discount stylus will likely be keep your a lot of money, along with it, people up-to-the-minute true true religion jeans for women faith outdoor jackets in addition selling in the discount cost to help you spend less plenty of cash. However in the actual actual keep, additionally you can make a period of time actually in a very sales marketing and advertising task to choose too true religion jackets wonderful.

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:37 PM
Post #52

Jordans five shoes or boots – usually the one of many vintage footwear

Fifty-fifty cheap jordan thought there are lots of citizenry understand cheap the air jordan, but it is will have a large number of people could’to distinct the different era air Jordan sneakers along with put on’capital t understand its significance Cheap Nike Air Max in addition to design and style enthusiasm. Now I most certainly will expose jordans v shoes and boots to your account. Understand this fashion footwear, the actual lace lock chamber strong rolled away cheap air jordan air max for you to bolster, brooding tongue, crystalline no-good outsole additional add proper grip, Michael Jordan in addition to Hatfield designed this Nike airforce 1 are usually outstrip with air Jordan shoes and boots prior to. This particular fashion air Jordan shoes and boots in addition air jordan 13 shoes come with Henry to help North Korean won a lot of lucifer.wyhwyh1204hh

The design inhalation with this air Jordan 5 place usually are range from 2nd Human race Struggle Nike air force 1 mma fighters, after you understand this dash shoes, you will observe There's get planes sharks the teeth almond in the bottom level English. Air Jordan five footwear created within higher surge stylus again for a exceptional factual beat capability will still be a terrific shoes even currently. Men and women will adore air Jordan your five shoes or boots when a comic enthusiast with whom inside identical era as adult men cheap jordan shoes for sale can be earning ! Rukawa Kaede via Fly Souse, he / she likewise worn this specific stylus chinchy the air jordan shoes purchasable gained many fit. This can be a beautiful ram to great deal of laughable air max shoes fans.

QuoteReply
yilin
post Dec 3 2012, 07:40 PM
Post #53

Having salient functionality create bests aside dre earphones superb

defeats beats headphones on sale headphones available like a lovely along with magic females, the sophisticated style pull a lot of people fall in love in order to your woman, installing it is edgy in addition to stunning look, but also it may shipping the actual large strength regarding euphony seems. beats by dr dre headphones Not too long ago old age, individuals are increasingly hold a new supervision about the seems expertise of the earphones they'll use, so bests through dre earbuds in their excellent rapidly become persons’ersus topper lovemaking. Plus the most up-to-date beat generation by means of dre business sea star topology determine precious stone earphones are classified as the much better version regarding some other stylus studio headsets, even shape are father’t rich person large plunge to the earlier a single, even so the appearing monster beats headphones and excellence of these beats by dr dre headphones less complicated greater than the old i.wyhwyh1204hh

Start using a full beatniks by dre headphones aren't just can certainly entire take pleasure in the amazing and pure medicine sounds, but also defend ones the ears very well. authentic beats by dre In a few occasions, these beatniks by simply dre earphones have been in their alimentary stereo system looks and also sounds cancelling functions to make you keep off clumsy and provides a passive as well as calm setting to relish ones songs globe. beats by dr dre on sale Several of folks imagine that the defeats away dre facility headsets being an all over-headsets model earbuds aren't simple shop along with have, truly, these headsets are designed inside collapsible design in fact it is never have any impression to their look along with mobility. beatniks earbuds available for sale will probably be gives you A great deal of astonish cheap beats by dr dre consequently fondle admiringly.

QuoteReply
aron22
post May 1 2014, 08:18 AM
Post #54

Member No.: 128,058
Drives: n/a

Good to read some advice and tips here. Thanks for sharing...

QuoteReply
bluewagon85
post Apr 19 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 142,481
Drives: 1988 Volvo 245 GL

I have an '88 as well. I'm finding that it is kind of a weird year for the 240. not that I'm complaining; I love my trusty ol' brick!

This post has been edited by bluewagon85: Apr 19 2015, 10:19 PM

QuoteReply
bluewagon85
post Apr 19 2015, 10:51 PM
Post #56

Hi Robert_240 and fellow brick lovers. thanks so much for the useful summary. I have tangled with a few of these, and am having another currently. I was wondering if you or anyone else here in the forum can point me in the right direction...
My '88 245 has been amazing until the last 6 months or so. Since then, We have experienced and conquered several of these. Currently, it's the charging system. Alternator checks out fine at the parts shop, and the battery is brand new. It just stopped charging one day last week. The weird part is, there have been no warning lights on the dash at all, so I didn't realize it was running off of the battery until it ran low and wouldn't start. Mind you, I am neither experienced nor knowledgeable about car repair, but I try to learn what I can when problems arise. I was looking at the simplified electrical schematic in my repair manual, and it appears that the alternator and battery are only commonly connected through the starter module (not sure if that's the right term...), so my question is, am I on the right track in suspecting a voltage regulator problem? Or does this sound like something else?
Any help is appreciated, as this car serves as the wheels for my mobile business.

Symptoms summary:
  • Battery is good.
  • Alternator is good.
  • Car will start if jumped, but is not charging.
  • No in-dash warning lights observed.

Thanks in advance!

This post has been edited by bluewagon85: Apr 19 2015, 10:52 PM

QuoteReply
grendel1960
post Apr 20 2015, 06:57 AM
Post #57

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: Super Mod
Member No.: 16,314
Drives: 2000 volvo v70

it could be that the warning bulb has blown, the bulb is in the exciter circuit of the alternator, and allows a current to flow that the alternator needs to operate, if the bulb doesn't come on with the pre start turn of the key, then that may be why the alternator isn't working.
Grendel

QuoteReply
bluewagon85
post Apr 20 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #58

Ok thanks so much, Grendel. I will look into that. B-)

QuoteReply
carprice211
post May 2 2015, 01:56 AM
Post #59

Member No.: 142,785
Drives: Audi

Fr alla allmnna frfrgningar, vnligen maila oss eller anvnd vrt kontaktformulr. Vi kommer att terkomma till dig s snart som mjligt.
Ratingexpert O
Reg. 12728126
Asunduse 13, Tallinn
Harjumaa, 11416, Estonia
carprice.se

QuoteReply
Mark786
post May 5 2015, 04:52 AM
Post #60

Member No.: 144,361
Drives: Audi A4

i am new here but i have a experienced with 1, 3,5,6 and 9.

QuoteReply
« Next Oldest Volvo 240, 242, 244 & 245 Forum Next Newest »
  Advanced Search

2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Get your Volvo listed in the Garage Today, for FREE, to share with the world what you drive and what toys and modifications you have.

Collapse

> Similar Topics

Topic Replies Topic Starter Views Last Action
No New Posts Volvo 240 Transmission Knocking Noise
2 Cuffman 73 15th January 2017 - 02:20 PM
Last post by: Cuffman
No New Posts Volvo V40 Isofix Anchors
2 starman1970 694 31st December 2016 - 07:53 AM
Last post by: Olaf V40
No New Posts Volvo Truck Fault Codes List
Volvo Truck Fault Codes List
0 igor2009 52 21st December 2016 - 04:43 AM
Last post by: igor2009
No New Posts Volvo Car Fault Codes List
Volvo Car Fault Codes List
0 igor2009 121 21st December 2016 - 04:39 AM
Last post by: igor2009
No New Posts Volvo Gps System
seems really out dated
2 bobnphred 181 14th December 2016 - 04:31 PM
Last post by: ericy

> Link To Us
If you found our site useful please link to us <a href="http://www.volvo-forums.com">Volvo-Forums.com</a>.

Time is now: 22nd January 2017 - 02:57 AM
© 2004 Volvo-forums.com
Volvo-Forums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Volvo Car Corporation.

Privacy Statement